The 2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition For Nigerian Undergraduates in select Nigerian Universities is on. Interested students are hereby implored to take part in the competition as there are cash prizes waiting to be doled out to winners of the competition.
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation NHEF, aims to substantially increase the number of well-educated Nigerians assuming positions of leadership in Nigeria and globally. To achieve this goal, we are address ing the skill gaps in key sectors of the economy by providing talented Nigerian students with a broad range of programs. These programs range from critical on-the-job training to hands-on-learning skills required in the employment process and overall career development. With the help of our partner firms, we are providing world-class training to our Scholars to enable them compete effectively in the job market.
2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition Essay Topics
1. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead” – Aristotle.
Discuss the validity of this statement.
2. Explore the relationship between a developed higher education sector and long – term economic growth?
3. What is the role/function of innovation versus tradition in Nigeria’s development?
Eligibility/Requirements For 2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition
All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any of the underlisted NHEF Partner Universities are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
*NHEF Partner Universities include
- Ahmadu Bello University,
- Bayero University,
- University of Ibadan,
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka and
- University of Port Harcourt.
Submission Essay Criteria & Procedure
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
- Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
- Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Essays must be 2000 words in length, double – spaced, (12 – inch Times new roman), and numbered pages with one – inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
- Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID.
- Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
Essay Submission Deadline
All entries must be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. ( WAT) on March 31st, 2016.
2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition Contest Prizes
- The Grand prize winner of the 2016 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- Second runner – up will be awarded N50,000 with a year of paid tuition.
Note: Enrollment will be verified with the university’s registrar.
Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.
*Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5 – year degree program.