About the NDDC 2014 Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme
As part of our Human Resource Development initiative, NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields. The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Medicine (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
Applicants must have gained Post Graduate admission into a recognized university abroad.
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have not already enrolled in overseas’ universities are not eligible to apply.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website: ( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Oversea Universities.
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Successfully completed applications will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
- For Further Enquiries please contact :
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Application Deadline Date
All completed applications must be submitted on or before 28th February, 2014