Applications for the 3rd Annual NHEF Essay Competition (2017 edition) for Nigerian Undergraduates in select Nigerian Universities is currently ongoing. Interested students are hereby implored to take part in the competition as there are cash prizes waiting to be doled out
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation NHEF, aims to substantially increase the number of well-educated Nigerians assuming positions of leadership in Nigeria and globally. To achieve this goal, we are address ing the skill gaps in key sectors of the economy by providing talented Nigerian students with a broad range of programs.
These programs range from critical on-the-job training to hands-on-learning skills required in the employment process and overall career development. With the help of our partner firms, we are providing world-class training to our Scholars to enable them compete effectively in the job market.
Third Annual NHEF Essay Competition Essay Topics
After much consideration, the NHEF is pleased to announce the following topics guaranteed to spur critical thinking and awakening in the participants. Our topics are themed around Gender, The Nigerian Economy, and Information Privacy:
“There is a problem with gender as it is today and we must do something to fix it.” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
“The Nigerian economy is achieving projected diversification for growth and development.” Discuss
“The proliferation of online platforms is in constant tension with the right to privacy: one must give way for the other to thrive.”
Eligibility/Requirements for the NHEF Essay Competition
- Ahmadu Bello University,
- Bayero University,
- University of Ibadan,
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka and
- University of Port Harcourt.
2017 NHEF Essay Competition Submission Criteria & Procedure
• No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
• Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
• Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
• Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
• Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID. The student’s registration ID# must appear at the header section of each page.
• Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
• References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity. This link contains a helpful guide.
Note: Enrollment will be verified with the University’s registrar.
Essay Submission Closing Date
2017 NHEF Essay Competition Contest Prizes
- Grand prize winner of the 2017 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- Second runner-up will be awarded N50,000with a year of paid tuition.
Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.
*Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5 – year degree program.