Applications are ongoing 2015 Anne Smigel Scholarships in Cultural Studies for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students. Ms Anne Smigel, with a personal donation and with an additional contribution from the Manitoba Scholarship and Bursary Initiative, has established a fund at The University of Manitoba. The purpose of the fund is to encourage and reward students at The University of Manitoba who pursue studies in and develop their knowledge of Ukrainian heritage in Canada.
The scholarship is applicable to Studies in Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies in the fields of the Arts and Humanities at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba; Canada.
The Scholarship Value for academic year 2015 is $1500.00. One is usually awarded; however, at a time when the earnings on the fund permit, two or more scholarships may be offered, upon the discretion of the selection committee.
A scholarship valued at the available annual income from the fund shall be offered annually to a student who:
- 1. Has completed at least 30 credit hours at the University of Manitoba, in any Faculty or School (undergraduate or graduate) or in University 1;
2. While enrolled in any Faculty or School or in University 1, has completed at least one course (3 credit hours) in Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies;
3. Has achieved a high cumulative grade point average (a minimum of 3.0);
4. Enrolls, as a full- or part-time student, in at least one course (3 credit hours) in Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies in the year in which this scholarship is tenable, in any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba; and
5. Best exemplifies an interest and promise in the study of Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies, as demonstrated by a combination of a statement of purpose from the applicant and a letter of reference.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants will be required to submit an application consisting of the following:
- 1. A brief statement of their interest in the study of Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies and the reasons as to why they are interested in this particular area,
2. A current academic transcript
3. A letter of reference from a professor at a post-secondary institution and
4. Plans for courses in 2014-15
Advertising of the award as well as the collection of all applications shall be conducted by the Centre for Ukrainian Canadian Studies at The University of Manitoba each fall. The Deadline date for receipt of applications is May 1st or September 1st.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.umanitoba.ca/centres/ukrainian_canadian/awards/smigel.html
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.