Applications are ongoing for the 2015 Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Australia. The Faculty of Science offers a limited number of full-time postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science, University of Sydney, Australia.
Applications are sought from top-performing students currently enrolled in the final year of at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or a relevant discipline or an equivalent degree (such as a combined Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree), at an international university.
The final year of the degree must include an independent research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the final year marks awarded. The award of the scholarship is competitive on the basis of academic merit. International students (except Australia or New Zealand) can apply for these postgraduate research scholarships.
The scholarship consists of the full cost of academic tuition fees plus a stipend equivalent to an Australian Postgraduate Award indexed annually (APA stipend rates for 2015 are $25,849 for full-time students).
Scholarships are offered for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to six months.
- • Be currently enrolled in the final year of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or relevant discipline, or an equivalent degree (such as a combined Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree), at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include a research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the year;
• Have achieved a GPA greater than 85 or an average A grade, or have a relevant subject specific GPA of 90, or equivalent;
• May not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia;
• Be commencing full time postgraduate research study at the University for the first time;
• Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
• Successfully complete their 4th year of their current Bachelors Degree in Science meeting the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete in time to commence studies at the University of Sydney in the relevant year and research period.
: Selection for a Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is a merit based and highly competitive process. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- • Demonstrated academic excellence through current studies; and
• Demonstrated high quality, innovative research capacity.
: The final selection of Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship candidates will be completed in November. Offer letters will be issued to successful applications shortly thereafter.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To be considered for the Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship for commencement from January to March 2016 (Research Periods 1 and 2) and July – October 2016 (Research Periods 3 and 4) applicants must:
- • Apply to the Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Science via the online course application, and
• Apply to the Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship via the online scholarship application.
The application deadlines are 30 April 2015 for Round 1 and 30 November 2015 Round 2.
Official Scholarship Website – http://sydney.edu.au/science/fstudent/postgrad/deans_international_pgr_scholarships.shtml
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.