Applications are on-going for the 2015 New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships. The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
The scholarship is for international students from around the world (except New Zealand, Australia and FiJi) and is applicable to PhD Degree in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand by the below listed host institutions.
• AUT University,
• Lincoln University,
• Massey University,
• University of Auckland,
• University of Canterbury,
• University of Otago,
• University of Waikato, Victoria
• University of Wellington.
The NZIDRS scholarship covers University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months, and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years.
You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- 1. You can be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia or Fiji
2. You must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of 3.6/4.0 OR an A to A+ average or in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. You must meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University :this includes having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2015.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants should know that Applying for the NZIDRS and applying to study at a New Zealand university are two completely separate processes. You need to have begun the application process at a New Zealand university, and must provide evidence of this in order to complete an NZIDRS application.
To apply for the scholarship, you must download and complete the NZIDRS 2015 application form and submit it together with the required documents to Education New Zealand before 15 July 2015.
NB: Applicant are advised NOT APPLY for the NZIDRS if they do not meet ALL eligibility criteria, if you cannot provide ALL required documents by the deadline, or if your proposed research does not clearly align with the selection criteria.
It is important to read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to go about applying for this scholarship.
Official scholarship website – http://www.enz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.