Applications are on-going for the 2015 Swinburne University Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS) in Australia. The Swinburne University Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS ) is the University’s premier research award. They are awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR). The successful applicants will become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers.
The awards provide an annual stipend of $30,000, an Establishment Grant of up to $3,000 and up to $5000 for a 6 month overseas placement in a collaborating laboratory or organisation nominated by Swinburne. This overseas placement is a condition of the award. The scholarship also covers tuition fees.
The duration of a full-time CRS is three years for a student undertaking Research Doctorate studies.
To become and remain eligible for a CRS a student:
- • may be a local or an international student; and
• must meet the University’s enrollment eligibility criteria including language proficiency; and
• must not hold a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification; and
• must have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with these Guidelines; and
• must be undertaking a Research Doctorate; and
• must be enrolled as a full-time student, unless the University has approved a part-time CRS for the student under these Guidelines; and
• must not previously have held a postgraduate research scholarship (some exceptions may apply, contact Swinburne Research for more information); and
• must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship (excluding an IPRS) or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the APA stipend rate, to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is permitted but must be within the confines of HDR policy section 7.9 ‘Employment Commitments’; and
• must study in an identified area of research strength for Swinburne University; and
• must undertake a 6 month overseas research placement at an institution identified and approved by Swinburne University.
Application procedure and Deadline
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship portion of the candidature application form. Research degree candidature is considered all year round. Visit the application page for information on applying for a research degree. The application deadline is 29 May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.research.swinburne.edu.au/research-students/scholarships/
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.