Applications are on-going for the 2015 Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.The University of Sydney, Australia takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University.
These prestigious scholarships are aimed at attracting high achieving, academically meritorious, international students to enjoy the ‘Sydney experience’ at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
The scholarship is open to any undergraduate and postgraduate course offered at the institution. Up to 100 scholarships slots are available for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs which would see continued sponsorship for three (3) years for Undergraduate programme and one (1) year for masters/postgraduate programme.
The below outlines the worth of scholarship for the undergraduate and postgraduate program:
Scholarships of AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for a maximum of three years (total value AUD$30,000), for any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
Scholarships of AUD$10,000 each, available as a one-off award (total value AUD$10,000 each per annum, (ie, $15,000 in total for a 1.5 year program, $20,000 in total for a 2 year program) for any Postgraduate Coursework program offered at the University of Sydney.
NB: No living allowance is payable to recipients of both undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must take note of the following:
- • Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 98* or equivalent.
• Students who have already commenced tertiary studies or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing are not eligible. Students completing Foundation Studies Programs are also not eligible.
• For further information on equivalents to Australian Year 12 qualifications and a table showing standard academic requirements for some of these examinations relative to ATAR scores see: Undergraduate entry requirements at the official website.
- • Applicants must have completed the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree qualification with a minimum high distinction average as based on the Australian grading system.
• Students who have already commenced postgraduate studies or students transferring from other postgraduate programs are not eligible.
- • Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
• Selection will be based on actual results (academic and English language proficiency). Predicted/forecast results will not be considered.
• Only applicants with firm, unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
• Selection will be made by the University’s Scholarship Selection Committee, whose decision will be final.
Application Procedure and Deadline
No separate application for a scholarship is necessary.
An Application for Admission into the University of Sydney in 2015 will constitute an application for a scholarship. All applications meeting the selection and eligibility criteria will be automatically considered. Only applicants with unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
Applicants must submit an application for admission and complete supporting documentation (academic and English language proficiency results) in time and receive a firm, unconditional offer from the University of Sydney before the deadline dates below to be considered for a scholarship commencing either Semester 1 or 2 as indicated.
The deadline for receipt of applications and complete supporting documentation (academic and English language proficiency results) for Semester 1, 2015 is 1st December 2014 (for Round 1) and 15 January 2015 (for Round 2); while for Semester 2, 2015 is 30 June 2015.
Applications received after these deadlines will not be considered.
NB: Undergraduate scholarship recipients will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress, which, for the purposes of retaining the scholarship, is defined as maintaining a credit average (at least 65%) or more each year. Failure to do so may result in the scholarship being terminated.
Official Scholarship Website – http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/prospective/sydney-achievers.shtml
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.