Applications are ongoing for the 2015 Tuning Academy Short-Term Research Visit Scholarships in Spain. The International Tuning Academy has been established with the aim of making the results of all Tuning and Tuning-related projects accessible to the academic community and stipulating research on Tuning-related topics. The present call is launched by the Deusto headquarters of the Tuning Academy: Deusto International Tuning Academy (DITA).
The research projects will focus on one of these topics:
- • Analyzing and evaluating the impact produced by the Tuning projects at the level of particular higher education programmes/institutionscountries/regions;
• approaches to learning, teaching and assessment of generic competences – concrete examples of what is done within higher education degrees accompanied by enhancement proposals based on both theoretical and empirical data;
• staff development initiatives that facilitate implementation of competence-based approach – critical evaluation of their effectiveness and how well they meet the needs;
• curriculum reform and incorporation of Tuning approach in institutional and national policies.
- • The Short-Term Visits Scholarships consist of health insurance for the 4 weeks, full or partial reimbursement of the travel costs for a return ticket (up to 500 euros), and free-of charge accommodation. No additional money for travel or congress participation will be made available to visiting researchers.
• The health insurance is issued and paid for by the University of Deusto.
• The return ticket is purchased by the visiting researcher and is then reimbursed (if the total cost does not exceed 500 euros) or partly reimbursed (up to the sum of 500 euros) by DITA. Any changes the researcher needs to make after the ticket has been purchased are to be covered by the researcher.
• The cost of accommodation is transferred to the grantee upon his/ her arrival to Bilbao and the grantee is then responsible for paying the accommodation fee to the accommodation provider directly.
• If the visiting researcher does not comply with the Study Visit Plan and requirements as stipulated in “Visiting Researcher Agreement” (to be signed upon arrival in Bilbao) the scholarship may be cancelled and the visiting researcher will be obliged to reimburse the cost of both monthly allowance and travel.
Scholarships will be offered for 1-month research visits and only six scholarships available.
The Short-Term Visits Scholarships can be granted to:
- • young researcher enrolled in doctoral programmes elsewhere and focusing on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines (see above);
• scholars holding a PhD and currently actively engaged in post-doctoral research on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines (see above), and
• university staff interested in comparative case-studies of the implementation and impact of the Tuning approach in at least two higher education institutions
• There are no limitations as to country of residence, nationality, age.
An international selection panel will evaluate the applications taking into consideration the following criteria:
- • Quality of the research project proposed and it’s appropriateness in terms of DITA’s research priorities;
• Research record of the candidate;
• Potential for long-term collaboration.
• No certificate of English proficiency is required from candidates, but level of English domain will be taken into consideration because successful candidates must be able to produce academic publications in English and write the -Final Research Report in English.
• No reasons for decisions will be given.
Application Procedure and Deadline
In order to be considered for a Short-Term Visit Scholarship you need to:
- • complete the Online Application Form in English and
• email your CV to [email protected] es (EuroPass style, in English; with the “YourName(s).YourSurname(s)_CV” document name and “Short-Term Visit Scholarships Application_CV_YourName(s).YourSurname(s)” email subject line).
• The Online Application Form does not allow partial completion (saving part of information and returning to the Form later to continue its completion). Therefore, you need to have the following texts ready before you start completing the Form:
- • A very short summary of your Research Proposal (max. 7 lines or 560 characters with spaces)
• A more detailed Study Visit Plan (max. 3 pages with 1.5 spacing or 8,641 characters with spaces). For elements to be covered, read the respective Online Application Form instructions carefully (“Study Visit Plan” section).
The deadline for submitting applications is 7 June 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://tuningacademy.org/short-term-visits-call/