2015 University of Aberdeen West Africa Merit Scholarships for Nigerian and Ghananian Postgraduate students
Applications are on-going for the 2015 University of Aberdeen West Africa Merit Scholarships for Nigerian and Ghananian postgraduate students. The University of Aberdeen in Scotland, UK offers the West Africa Merit Scholarship , which funding opportunity is open to Nigerian and Ghananian students undertaking a full-time taught postgraduate programme in either the College of Arts and Social Sciences or the College of Life Sciences and Medicine.
Only Five Scholarship slots are available and only citizens of Nigeria & Ghana are eligible to participate.
The West Africa Merit scholarships have a value of £2000 per award, and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount.
Eligibility criteria for the 2015 West Africa Merit Scholarship:
- • To be eligible for this award, candidates must hold the equivalent of a First class British Honours degree from a British university or from a recognised Nigerian university or a university.
• Candidates must also be self-funded, and not in receipt of any financial assistance from the Nigerian or Ghananian government.
• To be considered for the scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen and been offered a place starting in January or September 2015. You must also be a privately funded student, and not in receipt of any financial assistance from the Nigerian or Ghanaian Government.
• The scholarship can only be held by a student of the University commencing study in January or September 2015– it cannot be transferred to other institutions.
• Priority will be given to students who do not already have additional scholarship funding (student loans excluded) and to those who have firmly accepted either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University at the time the selection committee meets.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To be eligible for this award, candidates must hold the equivalent of a First class British Honours degree from a British university or from a recognised Nigerian university/Ghananian university.
A completed application form, transcript and one academic reference should be emailed or posted before the closing date for applications. It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply (which will include the “Guidelines for Applicants” and “Application Form”).
All applications must be submitted no later than 30 June 2015 if you are applying for the September 2015 intake. Applicants should know that all applications for the 2015 West Africa Merit Scholarship at University of Aberdeen in United Kingdom must be submitted not later than the stated date.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/international/inmycountry/nigeria/funding/ (For Nigerians)
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/international/inmycountry/ghana/funding/ (For Ghananians).