Applications have started for the 2015/2016 Global Challenges Fellowship Program; interested applicant are advised to read the guidelines below before sending in their applications.
The School of Public Policy at Central European University (SPP) and the Central European University Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS) in Budapest, and the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) in Berlin invite applications from researchers from nine countries (Brazil, China,
India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, and Turkey) to participate in the 2015/2016 Edition of the Global Challenges Fellowship Program.
2015/2016 Global Challenges Fellowship Program
Beginning in September 2015, Global Challenges Fellows will spend approximately 7-8 months doing analytical, policy, and empirical work at SPP/CEU IAS in Budapest and at GPPi in Berlin where they will engage with policy practitioners.
Although the precise timetable will vary depending on the fellow’s research project, it is expected that fellows will spend most of the time (about 75%) in Budapest. Fellows will conduct research for journal articles and/or policy papers and will participate in a series of small working group discussions and seminars. Researchers at SPP, CEU IAS, and GPPi will engage with fellows during and after their fellowship to build a community of professionals who share a commitment to improving policy outcomes on a range of key global challenges.
During the fellowship, the three institutions will assist fellows in developing professional networks with the academic and policy research communities in Budapest and Berlin, laying the foundation for lasting engagement and exchange. Fellows will work on a concrete project within one of five research areas that leads to a publication in the form of an academic piece (a working paper/ journal article) and/or a policy paper that builds on academic research.
Junior and Senior level fellowships are available in the following areas:
- • Peace & Security
• Humanitarian Assistance & Human Rights
• Development & Good Governance
• Internet Governance
• Changing Global Institutions
Eligibility, Qualifications and Experience
- • Applicants (in particular those working in the field of public policy) from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, and Turkey are eligible to apply.
• Applicants must be resident in these countries at the time of application.
• Applicants must hold an academic degree (Master’s, PhD, or equivalent) in the social sciences or humanities and have at least three years of professional experience (in the case of junior fellows) and 15 years of professional experience (in the case of senior fellows) at the time of their application.
• Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English (in speaking & writing) as this is the working language of the program.
• Applicants must have a demonstrated record of policy engagement.
• Full time CEU employees and graduates are not eligible to apply for 6 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2008 or earlier).
• Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 3 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2011 or earlier).
Fellowship applications must be submitted online using the official program link. After registration, applicant will receive a password which you must use to complete the application form and upload the required documents in pdf format (using the official link provided).
Applicant wiould be required to submit the following material with your application:
- • The online application form.
• A short description of your research/policy project (max. 1,000 words not including references).
• A CV including your most important work and publications as well as a record of policy engagement (max. 2,000 words).
• A writing sample (max. 8,000 words).
For junior applicants ONLY:
• The name and email address of a referee.
The deadline for the application is March 30, 2015 (Monday ), 11:59 PM according to CET (Budapest Time).
Official Program Link – https://studentinfo.ceu.hu/acad/ias/
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.