Applications are ongoing for the 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries in Germany. The MIPLC (Munich Intellectual Property Law Center) is a part of the DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply.
The scholarship is available for Internationally recognised Master’s degree programs for professionals with relevance to developing countries.
Scholarship Value and Notification
The scholarship recipient(s) will get a full tuition waiver from the MIPLC. The DAAD will pay the scholarship recipient(s) a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00. As a rule, the scholarship additionally includes certain payments towards health insurance coverage in Germany.
In addition, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source. Furthermore, the DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC program. The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fee, semester ticket.
From the list of admitted candidates, the MIPLC will then put together a shortlist of candidates for the DAAD scholarship. All shortlisted applicants will be invited for a Skype or telephone interview.
Based on these interviews, MIPLC will pre-select the scholars. The final decision about allocating the scholarship rests with the DAAD. The successful applicants will be informed by the DAAD directly. All unsuccessful applicants will receive communication from the MIPLC.
If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses,” please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
- • You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
• You received your latest degree no more than six years ago;
• You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained after the completion of your first university degree;
• Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements.
Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply for this scholarship, proceed as follows:
- • Refer to the DAAD program brochure from the link below and read the information carefully;
• Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards; keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail;
• Apply for admission to the MIPLC by using our online application system, accessible below, and follow the instructions provided;
• When you come to the end of the online application, check “I would like to apply for financial assistance” and “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance
• Application Form that opens automatically;
• Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
• Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (for details, please refer to the brochure – NB: the MIPLC does not require a research exposé);
• Send your complete application as detailed below.
Submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, Myanmar, or Nigeria, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
Please make sure that your file is complete with all the documents indicated above. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by the dates specified below:
The general deadline for application is October 15 2015. Applicants from Cameroon or Nigeria must submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country. The deadline for applications is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2015, for the 2016/17 intake.
Note: Please send your documents in good time to ensure their timely arrival at the MIPLC. We are regrettably not in a position to track your files with the German postal service or any courier services.
Official MIPLC Scholarship website – http://www.miplc.de/llm-ip/admissions/daad-scholarship-for-students-from-developing-countries/
DAAD Scholarship website – https://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.