Abia State University, ABSU Post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening form for 2020/2021 academic session is out. ABSU cut-off mark for admission for 2020 Post-UTME candidates has also been announced.
Latest Update: This is to inform prospective Candidates, their Parents and Guardians, that the Abia State University POST UTME Screening Exercise for the 2020/2021 Academic Session earlier scheduled to commence on Monday, 24th August, 2020, has been postponed due to the ongoing WASSCE Examination and the Directive of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
A new date will be communicated in due course.
Please be guided accordingly.
TAll candidates who selected Abia State University as their First or Second choice, those who intend to change to ABSU as their First choice and those who did not use ABSU as their choice at all but want to be admitted into the University, who scored up to the University cut-off of 160 and above in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This tells you that ABSU will conduct written Post-UTME (test).
How To Apply For ABSU Post-UTME/DE Screening for 2020/2021 Academic Session
To apply for ABSU Post-UTME/admission screening for the academic session;
- Eligible candidates should Log on to the ABSU portal (portal.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any branch of our designated Banks listed below and pay N2,000.00 only.
- ABSU Microfinance Bank;
- Polaris (Skye) Bank Plc;
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- First Bank Plc;
- Ecobank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Union Bank Plc;
- UBA Plc.
- Get back to the ABSU portal (portal.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and click on Applicant.
- Select ABSU Aptitude Test
- Complete the Application Form, ensure you upload a clear passport photograph to avoid rejection of candidate and download a copy as an evidence of registration.
What is the Cut-Off Mark For Admission – 2020/2021?
The Cut-off mark for ABSU admission for the 2020/2021 academic session is 160 and above.
- Candidates should ensure that their correct details are captured during the application for the Post-UTME screening test.
- Candidates are not required to upload any photograph or biometric capture, as pictures and biometric of candidates have been supplied by JAMB.
- Candidates who do not register for the Post UTME Screening Exercise will not be considered for Admission.
- However, Foreign candidates, Inmates of Correctional Centers (Prisons), as well as, Blind and Deaf candidates are exempted from the Post UTME Screening Exercise.
- The Registration for the Screening Exercise will commence on Monday, 20th July and end Friday, 21st August, 2020.
ABSU Post UTME Screening Exercise Schedule.
- The Post-UTME Screening Exercise will take place from Monday, 24th August to Monday, 7th September 2020 online.
- Candidates are requested to please note that the Screening Exercise is as scheduled in the Screening Exercise slip they printed out after the online registration.
- Candidates are required to stick to the Examination dates and time on the test slip printed out during the online registration, as consideration will not be given to those who fail to login and take the screening test on the scheduled date and time.
- Candidates should note that taking the test on their GSM phones or its use as a hotspot is not advisable, as incoming calls may cause serious obstruction.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they have internet connectivity before the scheduled time of their examinations.
- Further details about the Screening Exercise can be obtained online at www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng
- It is important to note that the names of successful candidates for Admission shall be published on the same site (www.abaistateuniversity.edu.ng).
We wish all candidates successful Online Screening Exercise.
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the registration of the Aptitude test is 21st August, 2020.