ABUAD scholarship award categories has been announced. The merit award list has also been announced. Members of staff and students of the institution as well as parents and guardians are hereby informed.
Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), hereby gives notice that the following scholarships designed to promote quality, equity and relevance in education are available in 2014/2015 academic session.
(a) Prospective Indigent Students
- An indigent applicant who has at least six (6) A1 in WAEC or NECO and who qualifies in his chosen course may apply for ABUAD scholarship.
- He shall be entitled to scholarship for free tuition and free accommodation.
- He shall provide evidence of financial incapacity.
- He must be industrious and disciplined.
- He must abstain completely from drugs and alcohol
- He must not be a cultist and must not belong to any group or club of cultists.
(b) Undergraduates in ABUAD
The following scholarships are available for undergraduate students in the university:
- Students with 5.0 CGPA and above – N500,000 each
- Students with 4.75 – 4.99 CGPA – N200,000 each
- Students with 4.75 CGPA – N100,000 each
- Merit awards – N100,000 each
– Most disciplined student
– Best dressed student
– Outstanding student leader
– Sports man of the year
– Sports woman of the year
– Cleanest hostel user (Male and Female)
(c) ABUAD Undergraduates who lose parents or guardians while studying in the university
- Such student shall enjoy full scholarship (as the university has done in the past)
(d) Prospective students who choose to study Agriculture in ABUAD
- 50% reduction in tuition fee
- Work and study opportunity to earn extra money for services rendered on the farm, in the cafeteria, factory, library and hostel.
- Provision for financial assistance to graduates to facilitate self employment
(e) Parents who have 2 or more students in ABUAD
Parents who have more than one child shall be entitled to 25% discount on tuition fee.
(f) Staff who have biological children studying in ABAUD
Staff who have biological children studying in ABUAD shall be entitled to 25% discount on tuition fee.
(g) ABUAD Lecturers and potential Lecturers
- Full payment of salary to lecturers with permission to attend post-graduate courses in Nigerian universities.
- Financial assistance to lecturers who want to study abroad
- Financial support to lecturers to attend conferences
- Financial assistance to support and undertake research
- For best dressed lecturer, 2014
- Most disciplined lecturer, 2014
- Lecturer of the year, 2014
- Most engaged lecturer, 2014
- Most punctual lecturer, 2014
- Most persevering lecturer, 2014
- Most outstanding non-teaching staff, 2014
- Most dutiful non-teaching staff, 2014.
We congratulate in advance, the prospective winners of these awards and scholarships!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.