Summary of Functions:
- ** To manage and tune in-house computer software systems, hardware, telecommunications and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications.
** Participates in the planning and implementation of technology policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
** Responsible for the maintenance of a continual service improvement program.
** To plan and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets, this includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing business technology systems.
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Strategy & Planning
- • Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
• Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
• Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
• Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- • Coordinate the networking, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Assess and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- • Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
• Manage communications (e-mail, IM, etc) and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
• Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Manage input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
• Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best- practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Perform network and security audits.
• Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
• Create required reports in response to business user needs.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
• Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Direct and administrate Technology department staff, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Track and analyze trends in Service requests and generate statistical reports.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.