The Adminstrative Staff College Of Nigeria (ASCON) Admission form for 2015 Masters Degree In Public Sector Management Is Out.
ADMISSION TO A MASTERS DEGREE IN PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT 2015
ABOUT ASCON MASTERS DEGREE IN PUBLIC SECTOR MGT
The Public Sector Management Training Programme(PSNMTP) is a one-year (January- December 2015) intensive courseit provides professional training that leads to the award of a Master of Public Sector Management (MPSM)degree. The programme is designed to equip Anglophone West African countries with a critical mass of Public Sector managers, trained to provide effective leadership for meeting the developmental challenges in their various countries. The programme is being run by the Ghana Institute of Management and public administration (GIMPA) in collaboration with The Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ACSCON) and other Management Development Institutes (MDIS) in Anglophone West African countries. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 2015 programme. There are two categories of offer: Category A: Scholarship which is tuition free and Category B: Fee paying.
TARGET GROUP OF THE ADMINSTRATIVE STAFF COLLEGE OF NIGERIA MASTERS PROGRAMME
Category A: Scholarship
There is limited scholarship funded by the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) AND PREFERENCE will be given only to candidates who are nominated by Governments or Institutions, Appiicants must be mid -to- senior level professionals,officers and managers from the Public Sectors, who will use Their newly acquired skills and competences to contribute to the collective pursuit of sustainable development and poverty reduction on the African Continent. Females are encouraged to apply.
More importantly candidates who are nominated by Governments or Institutions:
- Must be released on study leave with a commitment to return to their posts in the Public Sector
- Employers most make a commitment to provide supplementary support to candidates to cover living, transport, book allowance and other expenses where the scholarship proves to be inadequate.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP INTO ASCON MASTERS DEGREE IN PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT
(NIGERIAN APPLICANTS ONLY)
- Be a resident national of Nigeria. Be not more than 45 years of age (men) or 50 years of age (women) by October 2014.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from any approved/recognised University with a minimum of 2nd class lower division or equivalent professional qualification certified by the National universities commission
- Have at least four (4) years relevant work experience in Public Sector management after first degree or professional qualification.
- Have competency in at least the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Present a plan specifying how the newly acquired skills and knowledge will be applied in solving problems at the work place.
- Possess leadership potential evidenced by current employment status
- Have permission (study leave) or endorsement from employers (very important)
Category B – Fee-Paying
• Provision has been made to admit candidates on fee-paying status from both the public and private sector organizations Into the ASCON Masters Degree In Public Sector anagement for year 2015 . There is a slight modification for admission requirements and application procedures for fee-paying applicants are as follows.
• Two (2) – year work experience is required and a plan specifying how the newly acquired skills and knowledge will be applied in solving problems at the work place. • Boarding and Lodging are Optional.
TUITION FEE AND METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR ASCON MASTERS DEGREE IN PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT
The tuition tee is US $ 8,650.00 for the programme and a limited rebate on the tuition fee may BE available for applicants based on merit and need. Kindly ask for the fee-paying application form at the point of purchase.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR ASCON MASTERS DEGREE IN PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT
Application fee is ten thousand naira (N 10, 000) for the form. The application fee is non refundable and it can he paid In cash or through certified cheque; Application form can be obtained from any of the listed addresses or downloaded from: www.ascon.gov.ng
•Cash Office, The administrative Staff College of Nigeria, PMB 1004, Topo, Badagry.
• Abula Liaison Office, (08033856807 OR 08064838131)
Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
New Federal Secretariat, Phase 2 Block, B 6th floor Abuja
- ASCON Zonal Office (South-West: 08033589373 OR 08033599364) B1 & B2 Green Roof, Fajuyi Housing Estate, llawe Road. Ado Ekiti
• ASCON Zonal Office (South-South: 08037191975)
4 Bishop Dimieri Street. GRA, Phase 2. Port-Harcourt
Completed application form, with a copy of payment receipt, should he submitted to the Country Coordinator ( PSMTP) The Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, Topo-Badagry not, later than Friday August, 29TH 2014
• Certified copies of all certificates, original transcripts; and two (2) endorsed recent passport size photographs must accompany the application form.
• Short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
For Further Enquiries contact:
Country Coordinator,(PSMTP), The Administrative Staff College of Nigeria,
Tel: 08033264449 or 08075255648
E-mail: [email protected]