In line with the University’s role of training students in both character and learning, all students should dress decently in accordance/compliance with the Bayero University, Kano Dress Code.
Accordingly, the acceptable and decent dress is any type of dress worn by a student, that covers the body from the top of the shoulders to midway between the knee and the ankle, and it must not be tight-fitting or transparent.
Specifically, the dress code forbids indecent dressing such as:
1. Short, bareback and clinging dress
2. Shorts and three-quarter trousers (except for sporting purpose)
3. Tattered jeans and those with holes
4. Transparent dresses
5. Tight-fitting dresses e.g. jeans and skirts that reveal body curves; this is also applicable to locally sewn dresses such as skirts and blouses
6. Wearing only under clothing such as singlet in public places
7. Wearing “Swagger” and/or Sagging trousers
8. Dresses, such as skirts, which have long slits that reveal sensitive body parts
9. Dresses and vests with obscene and indecent inscriptions and/or pictures
10. Dress without buttons, or not properly buttoned, revealing bare chest
11. Wearing jackboots, bathroom slippers and any other shoes with indecent inscription
12. Sunglasses in lecture rooms and theatres except on medical grounds
13. Plaiting/weaving, perming of hair and use of earrings and chain and bracelets by male students.
14. Use of military and para-military camouflage by students on campus
15. Any other dressing that contravenes, decency, decorum and good taste of the community.
Students should note that these prohibitions apply everywhere on the campuses. In addition, students are bound by the specific dress code of their Faculties, Departments or Professional callings.
Offenders will be Sanctioned as Appropriate.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.