The Bowen University Advanced Level Programe was established five (5) years ago (2013) and the University is one of the earliest universities running the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) programme. It has centres at Iwo, Osun State and Akute in Lagos State. It is an intensive coaching programme from our dedicated lecturers in a conducive learning environment aimed at preparing students to pass Advanced Level examination (s) that would qualify them for Direct Entry admission to degree programmes at Bowen University or other universities within and outside the country.
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme (BUALP) aims at:
- preparing students for full-time Direct Entry admission to the university
- engaging the students academically, intellectually and socially in readiness for their various course of study
- developing students’ knowledge and skills in core subjects relevant to their proposed course of study
- The university keeps high moral and spiritual standards to mould the character (manners) of its students.
Bowen University A’Level Admission Requirements.
- All applicants for Bowen University Advanced Level Programme are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects. The five credits must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. Three (3) of the subjects must be relevant to their intended degree programmes.
- However, deficiency is allowed in Mathematics for Humanities/Arts candidates or English Language for Science candidates but not in both subjects. Such candidates may be permitted to take the affected Ordinary Level subject(s) concurrently with his/her Advanced Level subjects.
- Candidates admitted to the programme with two (2) O’Level sittings must have satisfied possessing the minimum of five (5) O’Level credits before registration.
How to Apply for Bowen University IJMB / JUPEB Admission Form & Other Details
Programme Examination Types
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
(i) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
(ii) Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Programme Duration/Examination Time
Candidates willing to take up studies in the Bowen University Advanced Level Programme will spend between ten (10) months and twenty-four (24) months depending on the examination type the candidate will be taking
|Examination Board||A-Level Programme||Examination Time|
|JUPEBIJMB||12 months24 months||JuneFebruary|
Placement into Degree Programmes: Placement to degree programmes is not automatic but shall be based on obtaining the required grades at the prescribed A’ Level examination for issuing Direct Entry certificates and satisfying all other conditions as prescribed for his/her course of study.
Programme Subjects: The BUALP offers the subjects based on the examination type the candidate will be taking.
JUPEB Advanced Level Subjects:
- MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES SUBJECTS: Accounting, Economics, Government and Business Studies.
- SCIENCE SUBJECTS: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- HUMANITIES AND ARTS: Literature in English, Government, Christian Religious Studies and History.
Nature of Examination: Candidates are expected to offer a minimum of two (2) or a maximum of three (3) combinable subjects at the examination of any of the examining board relevant for pursuance of a university degree on successful completion of the programme.
Mode of Study: The mode of study shall be fully residential at the Bowen University’s campus, Iwo Osun State and non residential at the Bowen Campus, Akute, Lagos.
Application Form: N7,500 (Seven Thousand Five hundred Naira only)
How to Apply:
Submit the completed Application form at the Admissions Office of the University on the date of the screening exercise. Completed on-line application forms are to be submitted with a non-refundable sum of N7,500 (Seven Thousand Five hundred Naira only) in bank draft payable to Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. For Further enquiries:Applicants are required to visit Bowen University website or contact the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through Email: [email protected] or [email protected]. Phone No: 09036206970, 07085434397
Required Documents for the Screening Exercise:
- Original and photocopies of ‘O’ Level result (s) (Original to be sighted only)
- Original and photocopies of Birth Certificate (Original to be sighted only)