Bowen University admission screening/Post-UTME form for 2018/2019 academic session is out. Interested candidates especially those that are qualified for admission into Bowen University are hereby informed. Applications are invited for the 2018 admission screening exercise.
Bowen University of the Nigeria Baptist Convention is the first and largest Baptist University in Africa. The University has all its academic programmes currently accredited by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and produces graduates who are not only technically sound but with undiluted Christian virtues of humility, godliness and uprightness.
Bowen University General Entry Requirement.
- All applicants are required to sit for the 2018 Unified Tertiary MatriculationExamination (UTME)
- All applicants are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects, which must include English Language and four other subjects as may be specified by each Faculty.
- The five credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings.
- For Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five credits (including Mathematics and English) must be obtained at only one sitting.
- Candidates awaiting results may apply.
- All applicants will be required to go through Bowen University Screening Exercise.
- Interested candidates who will apply to JAMB for admission and wish to change their choice to Bowen University are required to:
- Apply for change of institution through JAMB.
- Complete the Bowen University On-line Application Form.
- Participate in the Bowen screening exercise.
(ii) DIRECT ENTRY
- All applicants for direct entry must satisfy any of the following:
- NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- At least two Advanced Level passes at acceptable grade level.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB),Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridge moderated School of Basic Studies at acceptable grade levels.
- In addition to NCE/ND/IJMB, JUPEB or two Advanced Level papers specified by each Faculty or programme, candidates must also satisfy the Ordinary Level requirements.
- HND holders may be admitted to 200 Level or 300 Level depending on the regulation guiding admission into each department / programme.
All direct entry candidates are required to apply through JAMB.
How to Apply for Bowen University Post UTME/Admission Screening.
(a) On-Line Application
- To complete the on-line application form:
- Visit Bowen University website @ www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on “Apply Now (http://apply.bowenuniversity-edu.org/?in=1)” under the UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION sub menu. This takes you to the admission guide. Go through it and click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” at the bottom of the page to create an identity (Pre-Registration).
- After the pre-registration, generate a payment invoice with your unique transaction ID for the sum of Ten thousand,three hundred Naira (N10, 300) only as application form fee.
- Then, proceed to Quick teller page to make payment online.
- Payment for on-line forms through Banks – After generating a unique transaction ID through the University website, applicants may proceed to any of the following banks with their transaction ID to make payments: Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- Upon confirmation of payment, proceed to the School Admission page “apply.bowenuniversity.edu.ng/apply to log in using your already created username and password in order to complete and submit the application form.
- Upon successful submission, print out your acknowledgement card and profile.
- Applicants in Lagos State may wish to visit the Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound,Obanikoro, Lagos for assistance to completing the application form. Contact: 08034955444, 08023672806, 08062435570
Bowen University Post UTME Screening Centres and Requirements.
All applicants are to appear for BOWEN University Screening Exercise at any of the following Centres:
- Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos
- Baptist College of Theology NTA/TV Road, Benin-City
- Fullness of God Nursery and Primary School, Ijapo Estate, Akure.
- Baptist Theological Seminary, Kaduna
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Faith Baptist College,#1 Rumuaparaeli Street, Beside Holy Rosary Secondary School, Old GRA Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
- First Baptist Church, Area 11,Garki, Abuja
- Union Baptist Grammar School, Ga-Akanbi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Baptist Girls College, Missions, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Gilgal International School, Shelter Afrique Extension, Mbiabong, Uyo, Akwa –
- Ibom State.
- Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State.
Candidates are requested to come along with the following for the screening exercise:
- Writing Materials
- On-line Generated Acknowledgement form
- 2018 UTME result slip
- O’Level result
- Birth certificate
Bowen University Post UTME & Admission Enquiry Centres.
Applicants may visit any of the following centres for enquiries:
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. Tel: 09036206970 or 07085434397
- Bowen University Liaison Office, Baptist Building, Oke Bola, Ibadan, Oyo State. Tel: 08033797387
- First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area 11, P. O. Box 331, Garki, Abuja. Tel: 08059648342, 08039102716.
- Ekiti Baptist Conference Secretariat, Km. 3 Ikere Road, Off Ologede Police Station, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. 08036904499
- Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State. 08038412738
- Central Baptist Conference Secretariat, Lamingo Dam road, Rikkos, Jos, Plateau State. 08065517071.
- Bethel Baptist Conference, 4 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna State. Tel: 08023551299
- Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro,Lagos. Tel: 08034955444, 08062435570
- Imo Baptist Conference Secretariat, 120 Wetheral Road, Owerri, Imo State. 07037919943.
- Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No 7 William Jumbo Street, Old GRA, Port-Harcourt. 08064180777.
- Kwara Baptist Conference Secretariat, Afon Road, Ganmo, Ilorin, Kwara State. 08039125460.
- Ogun State Baptist Conference, Baptist Mission Compound, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 07069647706.
- Ondo State Baptist Conference Secretariat, Block 001 Plot 7 & 8 Alagbaka GRA, Extension Adjacent Freeman Petrol Station, Oba Ile Rd, Akure, Ondo State. 07038917271.
- Lagos Central Baptist Conference, Secretariat, C/O Ijero Baptist Church, 884, Apapa Road, Church, 122, Ipaja Rd, Ikeja, Lagos
- Lagos West Baptist Conference, Secretariart, C/O Union Baptist Church, Ebute-Metta Agege
- Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State. 08057257907.
- Zion Baptist Secondary School, beside Bowen Pre-degree Programme Centre, Agunbelewo, Ilobu Road, Osogbo, Osun State. Tel: 08136899924
- Beulah Baptist Centre, Behind Baptist High School, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. 08053514160
- Oyo West Baptist Conference Secretariat, Oyo, Oyo State. 08035762942
- Providence Baptist Church, Uyo, Akwa – Ibom State 08039102716
- Anioma-Delta Baptist Conference, C/O Victory Baptist Church, Asaba, Delta State. 08034074335, 08057022515
For Further enquires please visit our website www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng or contact: the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through:
(i) Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(ii) Phone numbers: Bayo – 08168916329, Temitope – 0903-620-6970, Lanre – 0708-543-4397 and Niyi – 08185451648
ALSO SEE: Schools Whose Post-UTME Forms Are Out– 2018/2019
Best wishes from NGScholars!!!