The 2014 edition of the British Council Creative Industries Expo is ongoing and the general public are being urged to send in their applications. Interested and qualified applicants are advised to read the below guidelines.
About The Company
The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
British Council is pleased to invite applications from emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs in the creative industries to take part in a Pitching Contest at the upcoming British Council Creative Industries Expo 2014. Since its inception in 2011, the Creative Industries Expo aims to stimulate debate on issues relevant to the growth of Nigeria’s creative industries. It also provides a platform for a cross-sectorial exhibition of Nigerian creativity and creates an opportunity for networking between creative entrepreneurs working in Nigeria and the UK.
British Council Creative Industries Expo 2014
- • The theme of the 2014 Expo is: “Collaboration: The Power of Shared Knowledge and Resources in Building a Creative Ecosystem“. The 2014 Expo will hold on Monday December 8th and Tuesday December 9th 2014 at:
7 Sheraton-Opebi Link Road,
• The Pitching Exercise will hold on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 9th.
• Successful Pitchers will win a package of free workspace, mentoring and business advisory services from existing Lagos-based hubs.
• Applicants must be aged between 18 – 35 at the date applications are due
• Applicants must be the owner or key partner in business start-up that falls within the creative industries (eg TV, Film, Fashion, Music, Theatre, Marketing Communications, Publishing, Writing, Broadcast, Radio, PR, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Product Design) or which uses digital technology to enable any of these sectors.
• Applicants should be ready to launch the business or have been trading for not more than two years.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2014
How to Apply
Interested candidates should please download form here and send completed form to: