If you intend to undergo your high school, polytechnic or university education in any country of the world, their are certain documents you must provide when applying to these schools.
It is advisable that you should have all these documents handy before you start the application process as this will avail you of stress during the time of application.
Documents Needed for Applying to Schools Abroad
These documents are listed and briefly discussed below:
- International Passport
- Certificates: This include: Bachelor degree’s certificate, WAEC, NECO, and Primary School Leaving Certificate
- English Language Proficiency Certificate: This can be TOEFL, IELTS, Credit grade in ‘O’ Level English Language (WAEC, NECO, GCE ). Some foreign schools do not require all these certificates so far you’ve studied in Nigeria or any other institution abroad where English Language is the medium of instruction and communication (institutions in USA, Canada, UK, South Africa, and some European countries accept this requirement. Check with the institutions for their desired English Language requirement.If you want to attend a university that is taught only in French, there is no standardized French language test to take, but your French skills will be evaluated by the school. The school may require you to take its own exam to prove your skills meet their standard.
- Transcripts of you grades: You will be asked to submit this. The transcript indicates all your academic records. Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Recommendation letters: Recommendation letters from lecturers are the best to have and at least one from your employer, if applicable. Minimum of two and maximum of three recommendation letters.
- Statement of Intent/Motivation Letter: In this letter, you’ll have to state clearly, the reason for chosen the course, your previous knowledge of the course, what you intend to do after graduation, your career aspirations and objectives. You have to write the letter in such a way that the reader will be convinced that you are a suitable candidate for the course. The goal of the essay is to show why the school should accept you. You need to show who you are, what drives you, your beliefs, abilities and achievements. You want to make a lasting impression. This essay is the part of the application that lets you stand out as a real person instead of just being a bunch of facts.
- Detailed CV: You will be asked to submit an up to date CV detailing all things about you.
In conclusion, try your best to have all these documents as soon as possible so that you will have enough time to apply to the school of your choice and beat the application deadline.
This post will be updated soon information on how to apply to universities in Canada and Low tuition fee universities in Canada.