The DAAD scholarships for 2019/2020 to study in Germany is open for applications. You can now apply for the DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship 2018/2019 for Foreign Students (undergraduate) and postgraduates to Study in Germany.
Table of Content
- About DAAD Scholarship
- DAAD Scholarship Requirements
- DAAD Scholarship Application
- DAAD Application Deadline
About The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarship
The program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
The program funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language/terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools. The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week. The courses usually take place in the period from June to December.
Who Can Apply For The DAAD University Summer Scholarship? (Eligibility Criteria)
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area;
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period;
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay;
- Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the programme-related countries (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins;
- A scholarship holder may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD University Summer Course Grant;
- Language skills
- Applicants of the DAAD scholarship must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided with the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut–Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.
DAAD Scholarships Prize & Benefits
What is covered.
- Successful candidates are provided a one-off scholarship payment of 950 Euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,125 Euros;
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe);
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship Selection Criteria
How Are DAAD Scholarship Winners Chosen?
The most important selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing arguments for choice of study programme and subject
- Knowledge of German
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship (University Summer Courses)?
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD Portal. You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
- Get Proof of Funds in Nigeria for Canada Express Entry & Admission Abroad
- Study In Germany: Tuition Free Universities Admission Help
DAAD Application documents
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be submitted in non-certified form. The DAAD Head Office in Bonn reserves the right to also request certified copies of the submitted documents.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Scholarship Portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Copy of university degree certificate with final grade(s), if available (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits of the last two years (in German or in English)
- Language certificates
To be submitted by post:
- A recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications. Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
- You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for the 2019/2020 Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarship application is 1st December, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can study for FREE in Germany even without DAAD scholarship. You can apply to many of the tuition-free universities in Germany. Click on the link below to see the process – from how you can apply to visa processing. How to apply for Admission into Tuition Free Universities in Germany.