David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for Refugees 2017 application has commenced. Interested and equally qualified persons can now send in their entries for the 2017 edition of the scholarship awards, available to study in Nigeria.
About David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship for Refugees (Brief Description)
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special scholarship program for Refugees is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals, affected by various national crises, who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. This award would serve to avail individuals from such troubled nations the opportunity to have access to quality education in Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
Award by: David Oyedepo Foundation
Degree: Undergraduate Degree
Scholarships Redeemable at: Covenant University or Landmark University
Course starts: 2017
Field(s) of study:
Scholarship is course specific as indicated on application portal.
The scholarships are open to registered and fully resident refugees in African Refugee camps.
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- 2 round trip tickets throughout duration of study
- Monthly upkeep allowance
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
Eligibility Criteria for 2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships for Refugees
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Refugees who:
1. Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
2. Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation affected by Internal crises.
3. Are not Nigerian citizens
4. Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
5. Are proficient in oral and written English
6. Have a record of acceptable performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
7. 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
8. In good health.
9. Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
DOF Scholarships Terms and Conditions
Scholars must meet set David Oyedepo Foundation criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 3.0 CGPA at the end of each session.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
How To Apply For David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for Refugees
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Covenant or Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
Note: The Foundation does not secure admission to Covenant or Landmark University. All admission to each University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process.
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. All VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of satisfactory scholastic ability
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence home country/country of refuge with skills learned and capacities
Application Deadline for 2017
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for Refugees is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Sunday, 30th July, 2017. Applications must be submitted online at davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Email submissions will be disregarded.