Etisalat Prize for Literature 2018 application process has started (Note: application starts in 2017). Interested applicants should read through the 2018 literature prize details below. The winner of the Etisalat Prize for Literature receives £15,000, a Samsung Galaxy Note, a Montblanc Meisterstück pen and a mentorship/fellowship programme.
Etisalat Nigeria is one of the major mobile telecommunications service providers in Nigeria. Established in 2008, the network has since grown in leaps and bounds, and currently holds 15% of the market share with over 15 million subscribers.
Details of the 2018 Etisalat Prize for Literature
About The Prize
The Etisalat Prize for Literature is the first ever pan-African prize celebrating first time writers of published fiction books. The Prize aims to serve as a platform for the discovery of new creative talent out of the continent and invariably promote the burgeoning publishing industry in Africa.
By recognizing and celebrating writers and other members of the literary community across Africa, Etisalat plans to bring some much needed awareness and acclaim to the art of Fiction writing while also applauding and rewarding the efforts of those who have ventured into this genre in recent times.
At the core of Etisalat’s vision is promoting passion, nurturing talent and providing a platform for communicating ideas, The ‘Etisalat Prize for Literature’ wholly embodies this vision, bringing together celebrated high profile writers, book critics and academics from across the Continent and beyond in order to give credence and honor to ‘home-grown’ talent while also rewarding new entrants and encouraging further participation in this area.
The winner of the Etisalat Prize for Literature receives £15,000, a Samsung Galaxy Note and a Montblanc Meisterstuck. In line with our vision of promoting upcoming writers, Etisalat will sponsor a book tour to three African cities. The winning writer will also embark on the Etisalat Fellowship at the University of East Anglia mentored by Professor Giles Foden (author of The Last King of Scotland) which will include significant opportunities to meet other writers, publishers and most importantly work on their second book. Shortlisted writers will win a Samsung Galaxy Note and also go on a book tour to two major African cities.
The Etisalat Prize for Literature is unique in that it also aims to promote the publishing industry at large and will therefore purchase 1000 copies of all shortlisted books which will be donated to various schools, book clubs and libraries across the African continent.
Criteria for Entry for Etisalat Literature Prize
- Submissions will only be accepted from publishing houses
- All books entered should have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries by new writers must be published within the last 24 months before submission
- Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of three (3) authors.
- Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporation as a publisher) for minimum of three years
- Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
How to Enter for the 2018 Etisalat Prize for Literature
6th Floor, Building 2,
Oriental Office Building 3,
Lekki Road – Victoria Island,
Click here to Fill and Download (print) the Application Form
Entry/Application Closing Date
The deadline for submission of entry for the 2018 Etisalat Prize for Literature is 18th September, 2017.
We wish you the best with your application!!!