Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various postgraduate degree programmes of the Federal University of Kashere (FUKASHERE) for the 2019/2020 academic session.
- Only courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials
- All candidates must have relevant 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- The National Youth Service Corp discharge certificate or exemption certificate should be presented at the point of registration.
- Transcript of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University of Kashere.
- Applicants for Ph.D programmes should ensure that they submit their research proposals during application.
FUKASHERE Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Ph.D Degree Programmes: A candidate who seeks admission into the Doctor of Philosophy programme, must hold an academic Masters’ degree of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University. The Ph.D degree programmes are available only for full time candidates.
- Masters’ Degree Programmes Academic M. Sc: A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’s degree must hold a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a CGPA of not below 2.75 on the scale of 4.00-5.00 Point of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University. A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 2.40 – 2.74 on scale of 0.00 – 5.00 of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 (merit) on a scale of 0.00 -5.00 (Provided the University matriculation requirements are satisfied in the relevant area.
- Professional Masters: A candidate seeking admission into a professional Masters’ degree programme must hold a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in the relevant area from Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University, or a good Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant area not below classification of merit from Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University provided the conditions prescribed under the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes above are satisfied;. Or a minimum of Second Class Upper Division degree in a non-related area plus relevant professional qualifications obtained after passing a qualifying examination.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme: A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma Programme must possess a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to first degree(at least 3rd Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (with at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent, provided the University matriculation requirements are satisfied.
FUKASHERE Available Postgraduate Programmes
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
i. Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension
- PGD Agricultural Extension (One year Programme)
- M. Sc. Agricultural Economics (18 Months Programme)
ii. Department of Agronomy
- M. Sc, Agronomy (with options in Crop Physiology & Weed Science) (18 Months Programme)
iii. Department of Animal Science
a) M. Sc. Animal Science (18 Months Programme)
iv. Department of Soil Science a. M. Sc. Soil Science (18 Months programme)
2. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
i. Department of Educational Foundations
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) (One year Programme)
- M. Ed Curriculum Studies (18 Months Progranune)
ii. Department of Arts & Social Science Education
- M. Ed. English Education (18 Months Programmme)
iii. Department of Science education
a. M. Ed. Biology (18 Months Programme)
3. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES, MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Accounting & Business Admin
- Masters in Accounting & Finance (MAF)(One-year Programme)
b) MBA Business Administration (One- year Programme)
ii. Department of Economics & Development Studies
- M.Sc. Economics (18 Months programme)
iii. Department of Geography
- PGD in Geographic Information System (One-year Programme)
iv. History & Diplomatic Studies
a) M. A. History & Diplomatic Studies (!8- Months Programme)
v. Department of Languages a) M. A. Arabic Literature (18-Months Programme) b) M. A. English Literature (18-Months Programme)
vi Department of Political Science a) M. Sc. Political Science (18-Months Programme)
vii. Department of Religious Studies
- PGD Islamic Studies (One-year Programme)
- M. A. Christian Religious Studies (18 months Progranune)
- M. A. Islamic Studies (18 months Programme
viii. Department of Sociology a) M.Sc Sociology (18 Months programme)
4. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
i. Department of Biological Sciences
a) M. Sc. Biology (18 Months programme)
Department of Chemical Sciences
a) M.Sc. Chemistry (18 Months progranune)
ill. Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
a) PGD Computer Science (One Year Programme)
iv. Department of Physics
a) M. Sc. Physics (18 Months programme)
How to Apply for FUKASHERE Postgraduate Admission For 2019/2020
Application fees for all programmes is Ten Thousand Naira (N10,00.00) only.
Interested candidates should
- generate REMITA invoice and pay in any bank of their choice.
- They are to select Miscellaneous revenue and indicate purchase of postgraduate application foam as description for payment using GIFMIS code 12020606 as payment code.
- Candidates are to obtain receipt of payment from the Bursary Department and proceed to the School of Postgraduate Studies for the collection of the forms..
Application Closing Date
Sale of application forms begins on 26th August, 2019 and ends 11th October, 2019. Completed application forms can be submitted to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies before the closing date.
For further enquiries call these numbers, 08036357766, 09025509210 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org