FUD Postgraduate Admission Form for 2019/2020 Is Out
The Federal University Dutse, FUD postgraduate admission form for 2019/2020 academic session is out on sale. That is to say, FUDUTSE Postgraduate school has started selling admission form for Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters and Doctorate (PhD) programmes.
The Federal University Dutse (FUD) offers programmes leading to the award of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters (Academic and Professional) and Postgraduate Diploma in various Faculties and in the areas specified under each Department, for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
List of FUD Postgraduate Courses and Admission Requirements
Before you apply for Federal University Dutse PG admission, endeavour to check the requirements. This is because any payments you make will usually not be refunded.
FUD Postgraduate Courses / Programmes
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Ph.D. Agricultural Kconomics
- M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
- Ph.D. Agricultural Extension
- M.Sc. Agricultural Extension
- Ph.D. Agribusiness
- M.Sc. Agribusiness
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics and Development Studies
- M.Sc. Economics
- Masters in Development Economics
- PGD. Development Economics
Department of English and Linguistics
- M.A. English
Department of Sociology
- M.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
- PGD. Criminology and Security Studies
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Ph.D. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- PGD. Microbiology
Department of Biological Sciences
- Ph.D. Botany
- M.Sc. Botany
- Ph.D. Zoology
- M.Sc. Zoology
Department of Physics
- Ph.D. Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry Department of Mathematics
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- PGD. Applied Mathematics
Department of Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
FUD Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The following shall qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with a minimum of Third Class;
ii) Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit or its equivalent in relevant area;
iii) In special cases holders of HND with minimum of Lower Credit in non-related areas may be admitted after passing such tests as may be prescribed by the Department/Faculty.
iv) Students who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University;
v) In addition to (i) – (iv) above, a student must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
Masters Degree (Academic and Professional)
The following shall qualify for admission to the Masters Degree program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning who have obtained a Bachelor Degree in the relevant field with at least Second Class (Hons.) or its equivalent, or students with university degree and appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with at least a credit;
ii) Students whose degrees are unclassified with average of “C” or 50% or above may be subjected to qualifying tests;
iii) Students with a Bachelor Degree in Third Class Division and a Postgraduate Diploma from any recognized institution of higher learning in the relevant areas;
iv) Students who possess HND with a minimum of credit from any recognized institution of higher learning and a minimum of credit at Postgraduate Diploma level of the Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution in the relevant areas;
v) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones stated above, which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate;
vi) In addition to (i) –(v) above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
The following shall qualify for admission into the Master of Philosophy degree program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with a good Masters degree (minimum CGPA of not less than 3.50 on a 5- point scale or not less than 2.50 on a 4-point scale.) in the relevant field;
ii) Holders of Masters degree in a cognate discipline with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a 5- point scale or 2.50 and above on a 4-point scale;
iii) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University;
iv) In addition to (i) – (iii) above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The following shall qualify for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy Programs:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning who have obtained Masters degree with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a 5-point scale or 2.50 and above on a 4-point scale appropriate to the proposed areas of study or B average grades;
ii) Students with M.Phil. in the relevant specialty;
iii) Students with Professional Masters degree plus Bachelor’s degree in the Second Class Lower Division;
iv) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the Federal University Dutse;
v) A Ph.D student who satisfies all admission requirements except the CGPA can be considered for admission into the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme provided that the CGPA is at least 3.00;
vi) In addition to the requirements above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
How to Apply for FUD Postgraduate Admission for 2019/2020 Academic Session
Application forms can be obtained online http://sps.fud.edu.ng on payment of non-refundable fee of ten thousand Naira (N 10,000) only made payable to the Federal University Dutse Postgraduate account at any Bank nationwide using the Remita platform.
PAYMENT AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Create an Account: Click Sign Up to create an account. After you sign up you will see your payment invoice that contains payment information. At the Sign Up page, you can create an account by providing your first name, middle name, last name, e-mail, password, GSM number and specify your programme of choice.
- Payment of Application Fees: Click on the pay now button at the payment invoice page, you will automatically generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). Applicants can pay online or at any designated bank by using the generated RRR.
- Payment Verification: Click on the verify payment button to verify your payment using RRR. Your application ID will be send via SMS and e-mail if the payment is successful.
- Complete Application: Return to the application page and log in with your application ID as username and your password to fill the application form. Make sure you review all entries to ensure accuracy before submission.
- Upload Documents: Upload the necessary documents.
- Acknowledgement Slip: Printed acknowledgement slip would be used during admission and registration processes.
- Sales of application forms start on Monday 23rd September, 2019 and closes four (4) weeks from this advertisement.
- Please ensure that Academic Transcript from your previous institution is forwarded to [email protected]
- You may visit http://sps.fud.edu.ng to view the successful candidates after the admission exercise.
- For any enquiry, please send an email to [email protected]
ALSO SEE: Universities Currently Selling Postgraduate Forms – 2019/2020
We wish you the very best with your application!