Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA Advanced Basic Science (ABS) Programme admission form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out. Candidates can register and apply for JUPEB, IJMB & CIE programmes.
Federal University of Technology, Akure Advanced Basic Science programme for 2017/2018 application form is out. All prospective candidates and members of the public are hereby informed.
FUTA JUPEB, IJMB & CIS Admission Forms 2017/2018 [Entry Into 200L]
The Advanced Basic Science (ABS) Programme is designed to prepare candidates for direct entry admission into 200 level undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Federal University of Technology, Akure and other Universities within and outside the country.
During the programme, candidates will be eligible to register for:
i. Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
ii. Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
iii. Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
CANDIDATES WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE ABOVE EXAMINATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS COMBINATIONS
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Geography, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Geography, Mathematics
- Physics, Economics, Mathematics
FUTA ABS Admission Requirements
Candidates should possess five Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE at not more than two sittings in relevant subjects from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, and Geography depending on the proposed course of study.
Available FUTA Advanced Basic Science Courses for Admission
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN FUTA, ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS AND DEPARTMENTS:
1. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT):
• Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE)
• Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC)
• Animal Production and Health (APH)
• Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
• Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
• Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT)
• Food Science Technology (FST)
• Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
2. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET):
• Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AEE)
• Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
• Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
• Mining Engineering (MNE)
3. SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCES (SEMS):
• Applied Geology (AGY)
• Applied Geophysics (AGP)
• Marine Science and Technology (MST)
• Meteorology (MET)
• Remote Sensing (RSG)
4. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET):
• Architecture (ARC)
• Building Technology (BDT)
• Estate Management (ESM)
• Industrial Design (IDD)
• Quantity Surveying (QSV)
• Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
• Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
5. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES (SOS):
• Biochemistry (BCH)
• Biology (BIO)
• Chemistry (CHE)
• Computer Science (CSC)
• Mathematical Science (MTS)
• Microbiology (MCB)
• Physics (PHY)
• Statistics (STA)
How To Apply For FUTA Advanced Basic Science Admission (IJMB, JUPEB, CIE) – 2017/2018
1. Candidates are to pay application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact in any bank that is on e-transact platform.
2. Candidates are to complete and print the UABS Application Form online after payment by logging on to The Federal University of Technology, Akure’s website www.futa.edu.ng and click on the online UABS Application Form.
3. Submit the Online application form and print out a copy.
4. The application opens on Monday, July 24th, 2017 and closes on Friday, 8th September, 2017
Hostel Accommodation For FUTA ABS Students
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
FUTA ABS Application Closing Date
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng not later than Friday, 8th September, 2017.
The listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issues bordering on the Programme: 08074254379, 07030347098 and 08189537808.