If you are an international or EU student from a lower-income household, it will interest you to know that King’s College London is offering International Hardship Fund for eligible students.
The program is open to support students from around the world who are experiencing financial difficulties and wish to continue their studies in the UK.
At KCL, candidates can identify what they want from a future career and build a plan for how to achieve that goal. King’s Careers Hub can help students to learn more about career choices to decide what suits their abilities and interests.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: EU and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must be able to demonstrate that unforeseen financial difficulties have occurred after you started your course with adequate funds arranged to cover tuition fees and living costs for the entire duration of the course.
- For international students, the UKVI has indicated that students will need about £1,265 for their living costs for each month of their program of study, plus the costs of tuition fees. The above amount is solely an indication, as living costs will vary depending on individual circumstances. The unforeseen change in circumstances must have impacted your ability to access these funds.
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicants must have applied for admission to the university. Then they can apply for the scholarship through the given link https://mykcl.kcl.ac.uk/
- Supporting Documents: The applicant must need to provide all supporting documentation such as evidence of the financial provision and change in circumstances. All supporting documents must be legible: Scanned/electronic copies, preferably saved in a PDF format entitled in the following format: SURNAME, Name – document title (e.g. SMITH, John – March bank statement) and email your documents to [email protected] and include your King’s Student ID (as on your ID card, not your K Number) in the email text.
- Admission Requirements: For admission to the university, all students must have an A-level in General Studies. Applicants can apply for admission through the university website.
- Language Requirement: To study at King’s, it is essential for the candidates to communicate in English effectively in an academic environment.
Benefits: The scholarship will provide financial support to the candidates depending upon the student’s needs.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2023.