In this post, you have the Mathematics Syllabus for JAMB candidates for the 2015 UTME. The topics listed here in this post are the areas JAMB questions will cover on Maths. JAMB has also make recommendations of textbooks. Many of these Mathematics textbooks are usually adopted for tutorials in secondary schools in Nigeria.
Mathematics can be very difficult if you lack the basic foundation in the subject. All you need to do is to keep practising with different questions; including JAMB maths past questions and answers. This will help you to prepare adequately for the exam.
Recommended Texts for JAMB Mathematics Exam
- Adelodun A. A (2000). Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition)
- Anyebe, J. A. B (1998). Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions
- Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001). New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3
- David -Osuagwu, M. name(s) (2000). New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools,
- Egbe. E name(s) (2000). Further Mathematics
- Ibude, S. O. name(s) (2003). Agebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
- Tuttuh – Adegun M. R. name(s) (1997). Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3,
This is the course outline. It has been broken down into broad and specific topics. Take them one at a time and start preparing for your exam.
- NUMBER BASES
- FRACTIONS, DECIMALS, APPROXIMATIONS AND PERCENTAGES
- INDICES, LOGARITHMS AND SURDS
SECTION II: ALGEBRA
- BINARY OPERATIONS
- MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
SECTION III: GEOMETRIC AND TRIGONOMETRIC
- EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY
SECTION IV: CALCULUS
- APPLICATION OF DIFFERENTIATION
SECTION V: STATISTICS
- REPRESENTATION OF DATA
- MEASURES OF LOCATION
- MEASURES OF DISPERSION
- PERMUTATION AND COMBINATION
We will update this space with other subjects. Just check back soon and you will see all the other subjects here. If you don’t want to miss this updates, subscribe to our updates by email below.