The Registrar of Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB), Ishaq Oloyede’s presentation during the 2018 policy meeting is now available for download.
The full presentation done by JAMB Registrar at the 2018 Admission Policy Meeting is uploaded in the PDF File below. It gives you insight on how the 2017/2018 Admission was carried out. There are possibility that the model will be adopted for the 2018/2019 Admissions.
JAMB Registrar’s Presentation At 2018 Policy Meeting
During the presentation, the following were revealed
- Minimum National UTME Score & realistic institutional UTME Scores were approved
- 120 for degree – awarding institutions
- 100 for ND, NID & NCE awarding institutions
- JAMB & Tertiary Institutions are to ensure that Admissions periods are sacrosanct and must be followed and adhered to
- 1st choice admissions must be done during the period earmarked for 1st choice
- other choices must be processed during the timelines set out for them
- JAMB would communicate Admissions Programmes, Calendars & Timetables to Tertiary Institutions immediately after this Policy Meeting
- At the end of the 1st choice period, all candidates not admitted would be pulled out of the institutions’ platform on CAPS & be made available to other willing institutions
- Any candidate who has chosen an institution as 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice does not need any change of choice or payment to JAMB to be considered for admission during the period of the 2nd choice admission
Best wishes from NGScholars!!!