JAMB Profile 2020 creation has started. Creating JAMB profile is important for 2020/2021 JAMB UTME registration. No candidates can proceed to register for UTME, and even Direct Entry (DE), without first creating a profile.
In light of this, candidates should follow the steps in this post to create a profile for JAMB registration. The process is simple and it only requires sending a message to a short code.
How To Create Profile for 2020 JAMB UTME Registration
In previous years, UTME and DE candidates were able to create JAMB profile using the registration app by Sidmach. However, it appears that JAMB does not want to tow that line for this year’s registration.
Therefore, candidates are to send a message containing their information to a shortcode to create a profile for JAMB registration.
The following are the messages released by JAMB on creating registration profile for 2020 UTME:
- No candidate should proceed to any CBT centre without first creating a profile. Candidates are advised to create a profile by sending their name (Surname First-name and Middle-name) via SMS to 55019.
- After which a 10 digit profile code would be sent to their telephone number. This code will then be used to purchase the application document at the point of purchase (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, USSD Partners etc).
- A form e-pin would then be sent to the candidate via SMS. The candidate is to present the e-pin at any JAMB accredited CBT centre for registration.
Having done this, proceed to the details of JAMB UTME registration for 2020/2021. There, you will find all the details you need including syllabus, all the books you need to read, fees to be paid, closing dates, admission cut-off marks, and so on.
To update an existing profile that is yet to purchase a UTME/DE PIN, Send Correct Surname FirstName MiddleName as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. Ensure the names are in the specified order and separated from each other by a space. e.g. Correct Adegoke Chukwu Adamu
(Note: you can only correct names if you have not used the confirmation code to purchase UTME/DE PIN).
How To Receive JAMB Confirmation Code Again Via SMS | 2020/21 UTME
- To receive your confirmation code again, Send Resend as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. Resend
- To receive your already Purchased UTME PIN again, Send UTMEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. utmepin
- To receive your already Purchased Direct Entry PIN again, Send DEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. depin
- To receive the guide on how to use this service, Send HELP as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. help
- To Reset your Profile Password, Send PASSWORD email as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. Password [email protected]
Upon receipt of your confirmation code, take the code with you to any selling point for sales of form (Banks, Online Payments, Mobile money operators, etc.)
- MiddleName is optional.
- Ensure You do NOT hand over your cellphone to any person/agent to create your profile or receive your confirmation code.
We wish you the very best!!!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.