Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board, JAMB recommended textbooks for Literature in English. These are the literature texts to read for the JAMB UTME.
You will get the recommended text in the Anthologies and Critical Texts categories by both indigenous and foreign authors.
- Recommended Textbooks by JAMB for UTME (Other Subjects)
- Latest JAMB Brochure (Official)
- Compulsory Novel to Read for JAMB UTME General Paper
- JAMB Subjects Combinations for UTME/DE
- UTME Examination Dates (2020 Timetable).
JAMB Recommended Books for Literature in English
- Gbemisola, A. (2005)Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
- Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
- Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
- Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
- Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
- Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
- Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
2. CRITICAL TEXTS
- Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
- Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
- Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and Unwin Ltd.