The UN Food Systems Youth Leadership Program 2024 offers a unique opportunity to accelerate food systems solutions in low- and middle-income countries. Apply now to be a part of an inspiring program designed to connect and empower the next generation of food system innovators.
What You Will Gain from the Program
A Comprehensive 5-Day Workshop Experience
- Learn: Participate in an intensive 5-day workshop focusing on bridging the gap between data, knowledge, and implementation. Gain insights into key areas including negotiations, policy advocacy, strategic communication, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Get Inspired: Be part of engaging presentations by experienced practitioners, scientists, global young food champions, and influencers.
- Act: Collaborate to form a community of practice, enhance your leadership skills, and develop transformative initiatives for food system transformation in low- and middle-income countries.
Program Content Highlights
- Governance Systems: Dive into negotiations and the design of multi-stakeholder processes.
- Policy Advocacy: Learn to effectively target policy processes at various levels and master leadership skills in this area.
- Communication and Storytelling for Impact: Develop strategies for impactful communication, awareness-raising, and fund securing.
- Science and Evidence-Based Decision-Making: Learn to build proposals and partnerships based on scientific evidence.
Funding and Support
- Sponsorship: Selected candidates may receive full coverage of travel, accommodations, and meals.
- Self-Funded Participation: Options available for those able to cover their own expenses.
- Support for All: Invitation letters and visa support will be provided to facilitate travel. A certificate of attendance is awarded upon completion.
- Target Group: Early career professionals from Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, and the Pacific. This includes researchers, civil society members, and those engaged in food systems activities.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be between 18-35 years old as of December 2023.
- Nationality: Nationals from low and middle-income countries as per the World Bank classification.
- Language Proficiency: English proficiency is desirable, with interpretation services available based on need.
- Current Work: Preference for those in national administrations or public agencies related to food systems.
- Academic and Professional Excellence: Background in food, agriculture, or interdisciplinary fields.
- Skills and Experience: Leadership, policy advocacy/communication skills, and experience in policy processes or grassroots initiatives.
- Personal Engagement: Motivation to serve society and a track record in advocacy or similar organizations.
The selection will reflect gender, geographical, and multi-disciplinary diversity.
How to Apply for UN Food Systems Youth Leadership Program
- Deadline: Submit your application before 24:00 CEST on January 15, 2024.
- Application Link: Apply Here
For more details, visit the UN Food Systems Youth Leadership Program.