he Lagos State Ministry of Education has published the 2020/2011 academic calendar for Public and Private Primary and Secondary Schools in the state.
According to the Approved 2020/2021 LASG School Term Dates:
1st Term 2020/2021 Resumes on Monday, 21st September, 2020.
2nd Term 2020/2021 Resumes on Monday, 4th January, 2021.
3rd Term 2020/2021 Resumes on Tuesday, 4th May, 2021.
See Full Breakdown of Activities Below:
Lagos State Schools Term Dates 2020/2021 (Academic Calendar)
- First Term Academic Duration: 21st – 18th December 2020 (65 Days) (13 Weeks)
- Resumption: Monday 21st September 2020
- First Half: 21st September – 14th November 2020 (13 Days)
- National Day: 1st October, 2020 (1 Day Public Holiday)
- Eid-El-Malud: 29th October, 2020 (1 Day Public Holiday)
- Mid-Term Break: 5th & 6th November, 2020 (2 Days)
- Second Half: 9th November – 18th December, 2020
- World Teachers Day: 5th October, 2020 (Private Schools to ensure participation)
- Vacation: 21st – 31st December, 2020 (9 Days)
Total Days in School (1st Term): 61 Days
- Second Term Academic Duration: 4th – 16th April, 2021
- Resumption:4th January, 2021
- First Half: 4th January – 24th February, 2021 (38 Days)
- Mid-Term Break: 25th – 26th February, 2021 (2 Days)
- Second Half: 1st March – 16th April, 2021 (33 Days)
- Good Friday: 2nd March 2021 1 Day (Public Holiday)
- Easter Monday: 5th March, 2021 1 Day (Public Holiday)
- Vacation: 19th – 30th April, 2021 (10 Days)
Total Days in School (2nd Term): 71 Days
- Third Term Academic Duration: 4th May – 6th August, 2021
- Resumption: 4th May, 2021
- First Half: 4th May – 10th June, 2021 (25 Days)
- Eid-El-Fitr: 13th – 14th May, 2021 (2 Days Public Holiday)
- WASSCE: April – May, 2021
- Mid-Term Break: 11th – 14th June, 2021 (2 Days)
- Second Half: 15th June – 6th August, 2021 (37 Days)
- Placement Exam to Secondary Schools: July, 2021
- Screening into Model Colleges:
- BECE/NECO: April/June 2021
- LASTVEB Exams: May/June 2021
- NECO SSCE: June/July 2021
- NABTEB Exams: May – June, 2021
- Vacation: 9th August – 17th September, 2021 (30 Days)
- Resumption for First Term 2020/2021: 20th September, 2021.
Total Days in School (3rd Term): 62 Days
YEAR 2020/2021 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN NIGERIA:
- 1st October (Thursday): Independence Day
- 29th October, 2020 (Thursday): Eid-El-Malud
- 2nd March, 2021 (Tuesday): Good Friday
- 5th March, 2021 (Monday): Easter Monday
- 13th & 14th May, 2021 (Thursday – Friday): Eid-El-Fitr
- 27th May, 2021 (Thursday): Children’s Day
- 14th June, 2021 (Monday): Democracy Day
- 20th – 21st July, 2021 (Tuesday & Wednesday): Eid-El-Kabir
Lagos State School Total Days for 2020/2021 Session = 194 Days
NOTE: It is mandatory all schools to adhere strictly to the calendar dates listed above.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.