Lagos State School of Nursing has rolled out the 2023/2024 Post UTME Forms. Interested and qualified candidates who seek admission into the Lagos State School of Nursing should read the requirements below. Information on how to apply, application deadline and examination schedule are also stated.
General Nursing Training Programme is an aspect of Nursing education that prepares students to become Professional Registered Nurses. The qualifications are accredited and graded by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Entry Requirements: Applicant must possess FIVE CREDIT at not more than two (2) sittings, in the following subject, English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology from NECO, WAEC or NABTEB.
Age Range: Candidate must not be less than 18 years.
Study Period: 4 Years plus 1 year internship
The admission process is stringent and meticulously planned, ensuring only deserving candidates secure a spot. The basic entry requirements include:
- JAMB: Applicants should have scored 200 or above in the recently concluded 2023 JAMB and chosen LASCON as their choice of institution.
- WASSCE/NECO (OLevel): Aspirants must also possess credit in five subjects – English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry, acquired in not more than two sittings.
How to apply for Lagos State Nursing School Igando
The application window commences on Thursday, 6th July and concludes on Friday, 11th August 2023. All aspiring candidates are urged to seize this opportunity and submit their applications within this period.
LASCON’s application process is digital, swift, and user-friendly. Follow these steps:
- Visit LASCON’s official portal at https://lascon.edu.ng.
- Initiate your application process by clicking on “Start Application”. Complete the registration form. Remember your login credentials for future use.
- Proceed to ‘Make Payment’ on the dashboard.
- Pay the application fee of NGN10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) only through the online banking application.
- Upon successful payment, your portal status will update, enabling you to finish your application.
- After submitting your application, an examination photocard will appear. Print this out in colour for the examination.
- Note that only candidates with valid examination photocards will gain entry into the Computer-Based Testing Examination Center.
Examination: Entrance Examination date will be communicated immediately after the lockdown. The examination is computer-based testing and questions will cover English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, General knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Applicants are required to have a functional e-mail address and phone number for future contacts.
- Candidates are advised to keep their log-in PIN as same will be used for result checking.
- Note that first year School fee is N300,000, and there’s a non-refundable acceptance fee of N50,000.
Application Closing Date
11th August 2023.