This is the harmonized Literature-In-English Syllabus for WAEC, NECO, NABTEB examinations. All students who will take the Literature-in-English exam should take note of this.
As from 2021 to 2025, all of WAEC, NECO and NABTEB would use the same Syllabus for Literature-in-English. Below is the breakdown of the syllabus.
Harmonized Literature-In-English Syllabus for WAEC, NECO and NABTEB
1. Second Class Citizen – Buchi Emecheta
2. Unexpected Joy at Dawn – Alex Agyei-Agyiri(2018 Edition)
NON AFRICAN PROSE
1. Wutherng Heights – Emily Bronte
2. Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
1. Let Me Die Alone – John K.Kargbo
2. The Lion and the Jewel – Wole Soyinka
NON AFRICAN DRAMA
1. Look Back in Anger – John Osborne
2. Fences – August Wilson
1. “Black Woman” – Leopard Sedar Senghor
2. “The Leader and the Led” – Niyi Osundare
3. “The Grieved Lands” – Agostinho Neto
4.”The Song of the Woman of my Land” – Oumar Farouk Sesay
5. “Raider of the Treasure Trove” – Lade Wosomu
6. “A Government Driver on His Retirement – Onu Chibuike
NON AFRICAN POETRY
1. “The Good-Morrow” – John Donne
2. “Caged Bird – Maya Angelou
3. “The Journey of the Magi” – T.S.Elliot
4. “Do Not Go Gentle into The Good Night – Dylan Thomas
5. “Binsey Poplars(Felled 1879)” – G.M.Hopkins
6. “Bat” – David H.Lawrence
Drama text for objective/contextual questions
A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
We wish you the very best!!!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.