United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program.
This initiative will offer academically talented youths from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Qualification Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa
The scholarship is targeted at African youths who are either young women, refugees/displaced youths, persons with disability and young men with the follEligibilityowing qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
IMPORTANT NOTICE; Priority will be given to registered Refugees/Displaced youth and Persons with Disability.
- Applicants must be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Applicants must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the School Program at USIS-Africa as follows;
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software
- Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) –Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- Have a proven record of leadership involvement and community give-back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa Benefits
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support, which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptops, books and other learning materials
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa
- Interested applicants can download the application form or pick the forms at no cost from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, read through all the instructions and required information.
Submit the complete application together with other supporting documents required by email, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format.
Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or drop your application at the Scholars Programme Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica, or post your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
IMPORTANT NOTICE; Applicants are advised to send only one complete application. duplicate and incomplete applications will be rejected. please also note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
Application deadline- Monday, February 20 2023 at 11:59 pm (East Africa Time).
If you do not hear from USIS-Africa by Sunday, April 30 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to give personalized feedback to all the applicants.