Application for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for 2019/2020 at University of California, Berkley has commenced. The program is opened to both undergraduate and professional Master’s students.
Applications are hereby invited from eligible candidates for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, Berkeley for the 2019/2020 academic year.
About MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The University of California, Berkeley has partnered with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations that believe education is a catalyst for social and economic advancement. The Program aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
At UC Berkeley, the Program will provide support to at least 113 students from 2012 to 2020, and is open to both undergraduate and professional Master’s students. Students seeking doctoral degrees are not eligible for this Program. To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process. Once students apply for University admission, the Program will invite them to apply for the Scholarship if they meet eligibility requirements.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (Who Can Apply?)
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries;
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence;
- They aim to admit those from the bottom two income quintiles per country. This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions;
- They are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application;
- They are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
Scholarship Value & Benefits
MasterCard Foundation Scholars receive a comprehensive scholarship equivalent to the costs associated with earning a Bachelors or Masters degree, which includes travel, tuition, Berkeley student fees, visa and SEVIS fees, housing, food, living expenses, and cohort signature programs which will focus on leadership topics.
How To Apply For The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship At UC Berkley – 2019/2010
Master’s degree prospective applicants must first apply to the University through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. After the graduate degree program admissions process is underway, the UCB MCF Scholars Program will invite prospective candidates to apply for the Scholarship.
Interested persons should click here to apply online:- https://mcfscholarsprogram.berkeley.edu/
Application Closing Date
We wish you the very best with your application!!!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.