Nigeria Defence Academy, NDA Postgraduate admission form for 2017/2018 academic session is out. Sale of application forms for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna has now commenced.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into full-time postgraduate programmes in the Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Nigeria Defence Academy Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree: A candidate for PhD Degree must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) at Bachelor Degree and a Master’s Degree in the proposed field of study from a recognized University. In addition, the candidate must have scored an average of not less than 60% or 3.50% at the Masters level.
- Masters (MA, M.Eng and M.Sc) Degrees: A candidate seeking admission into the Master’s Degree programme shall be a graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognised university. Such candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant field of study.
- Professional Doctorate programmes: Academic Masters degree in relevant disciplines, with satisfactory performance.
Professional Masters degree in cognate discipline with CGPA of not less than 3.50.
Significant working experience in public service or Private Sector with solid evidence of managing resources, corporate strategy, defence, security and strategic sector governance.
- Master’s Degree: Candidates applying for the parttime programmes must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
Candidates with Third Class degree or Higher National Diploma must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma in a related discipline from any recognised University to be eligible for admission. HND candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit to apply.
- PGD Programmes: Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a Bachelor degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognised University, or Higher National Diploma.
Duration of NDA Postgraduate Programmes / Courses
Each student admitted for PhD or Master’s Degree must Pursue a FULL-TIME course of study and research in the Academy. Depending on the degree in view, the following conditions are also applicable:
- A student for the Master’s degree shall pursue the programme for 2 years (4 semesters)
- Candidates for PhD Degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years (6 semesters). At the expiration of the period of study for any given programme, a student who has not completed his/her programme shall be withdrawn from the Academy.
- However, on exceptional circumstances, application for extension to complete the programme may be entertained. Extension shall not exceed a period of one year (2 semesters) in case of Masters degree and 2years (4 semesters) in case of PhD.
Duration of NDA Professional Part-Time Postgraduate Programmes.
The duration of professional programmes are as follows:
- A student for professional Doctorate degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years.
- A student of Master degree shall pursue the programme for 18 months (2) semesters course work and (1) semester for project except MBA programme which runs for 2 years.
- A student of Postgraduate diploma shall pursue the programme for one year (2 semesters). Except Engineering courses which runs for 2 years.
- Each student admitted for professional master degree and postgraduate diploma programme shall pursue weekend mode of study and research on Fridays and Saturdays for the period of the study.
How To Apply For NDA Postgraduate Programmes Admission For 2017/2018 Academic Session
Candidates are required to purchase “Access Codes” via the application and REMITA at the cost of N10,000.00 only, for online application.
Upon purchase of Access Codes prospect candidates should log on to ndapgapplications.net and complete the Online application Form. Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Application for Transcripts form and Medical Report Form, have been submitted along with your application to: The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Ribadu Campus, Nigerian Defence Academy, P.M.B. 2109, Kaduna
CAUTION: The general public is hereby cautioned to beware of fraudsters that may offer alternative options. Please note that the information herein which is also available at NDA website is the only authentic method of application for programmes into the NDA Postgraduate School.
Application Closing Date
All applications forms for the 2017/2018 NDA Postgraduate admission must be submitted not later than 7th November, 2017.