NECO 2020 BECE Registration Form (“Junior WAEC”)
The 2020 NECO BECE registration forms are now selling. Registration for the JSS3 examination popularly and erroneously called “Junior WAEC” has started. All Junior Secondary School Three (3) students should take note.
The National Examinations Council (NECO) conducts the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) every year. Students in JSS3, looking to get promotion into different classes of Senior Secondary School (Art, Science and Commercial) sit for the examination.
A Little About NECO BECE
While each state of the federation and the FCT conduct the BECE for their candidates, NECO conducts for Federal Unity Colleges and other allied institutions.
Interested private secondary schools also take the examination, provided they are permitted by their States Ministries of Education. BECE certificate replaces the primary school certificate as the first school leaving certificate.
The BECE grading system is as follows:
A – Distinction
B – Upper Credit
C – Lower Credit
P – Pass
F – Fail
How to Apply for NECO BECE (Junior WAEC)
Note that this exam is not conducted by WAEC. Schools (centres) are to register their candidates using the offline application before logging.
The following are the approved fees for the examination and other related items:
- Registration fees – 4,000.00 Naira (Mandatory fee)
- Late Registration – 1,000.00 Naira per candidate – (Mandatory fee)
- Re-Sit Exam – 1,000.00 Naira per copy
- Correction of Name – 2,500.00 Naira per copy
- Result Checker – 500.00 Naira
- Unviable Fee – 10,000.00 Naira (for centres that registered less than 20 candidates)
- The minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school for SSCE Internal is twenty(20). Any centre registering less than 20 candidates is deemed unviable.
- Registration cards will no longer be used with effect from 2020. Schools (Centres) are to log in to the NECO portal and pay the registration fees into the NECO TSA online using the payment options. Once payment is successful, the candidates’ data can be uploaded from the offline app and only then will exam numbers be generated for the candidates.