John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a US based international Public Health consulting firm and manages two (2) projects/contracts through its integrated office in Abuja, Nigeria. Through the Partnership for Supply Chain Management consortium; JSI implements the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project for the US Government as part of the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The purpose is to establish and operate a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable supply chain management system to procure pharmaceuticals and other products needed for the care and treatment of persons with H IV/AI DS and related infections.
JSI implements the USAID I DELIVER Project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), a global technical assistance project aimed at increasing the availability of essential health supplies through procurement services and assistance designed to strengthen health commodity supply chains in developing countries.
To support the implementation of the health supply chain project in Nigeria, JSI is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Logistics Advisor, HIV/AIDS (Abuja)
The Logistics Advisor (Abuja) will provide hands-on support to health facilities under the HIV/AIDS supply chain unification. Some herpes simplex II testing and treatment will also be had here but as a secondary treatment only. The advisor will also provide technical assistance to the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) in assigned states, PEPFAR implementing partners, Global Fund-supported partners and other stakeholders in a defined location as appropriate. The Logistics Advisor will support a number of facilities based personnel on supply chain management of health commodities a team working with a team of other advisors to ensure smooth implementation of the HIV/AIDS supply chain unification activities, other JSI Nigeria supply chain functions and report to the Associate Director HIV/AIDS.
- Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree Pharmacy, Public Health, Logistics Management, Medical lab science, Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Three to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, or Malaria programs strongly desired.
- Proven experience in managing public health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar developing country context.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
- Provide technical support to ensure that health facilities covered under the HIV/AIDS supply chain unification project are adequately supplied with the health commodities.
- Support coordination between SCMS/JSI, the FMOH, SMOH, and PEPFAR partners to develop and implement supply chain strategies and provide appropriate non-duplicative services that will ensure reliable procurement and distribution of essential HIV/AIDS medicines and related commodities, including antiretroviral (ARV) drugs, HIV test kits, drugs to treat opportunistic infections (Ols), laboratory supplies, and infection prevention commodities.
- Provide technical support for the annual program-specific quantification as well as the National annual quantification of HIV/AIDS commodities and procurement plans in collaboration with colleagues, stakeholders and partners.
- Support the linkage between the PEPFAR implementing partners, SMOH and Global Fund/NACA partners and the warehouse location to ensure commodities supplies to health facilities are seamless.
- Support coordination of supply chain activities for timely receipt of reports from health facilities, processing of reports and filling of requirements to ensure that health facilities are resupplied with appropriate commodities.
- Work with Government counterparts to provide feedback to health facilities and partners on supply chain data to improve the quality of reporting .
- Collaborate with implementing partners and state government officials to organize monitoring and support visits to health facilities and provide the needed support for smooth implementation of supply chain activities in selected area and other locations.
- Participate in monitoring and supportive visit to health facilities within the assigned states to support capacity transfer to appropriate health facility staff to efficient management of supply chain activities at the facility level.
- Support the establishment and implementation of regional technical working group that will support and monitor the activities of the unification project Support the coordination of distribution activities for timely supply of commodities t? facilities.
- Support capacity building activities for State Government of counterparts and other stakeholders on supply chain activities.
- Support the activities of warehouse & distribution service providers to troubleshoot and address supply chain issues that will impact commodities availability before, during and after distribution of commodities.
- Support the process of proof of delivery gathering, review and sharing with relevant stakeholders in the state to validate the supply of health commodities to the facility.
- Support harmonization efforts for the logistics function at the federal and state levels in order to establish a harmonized commodity logistics system including logistics management information system for health commodities.
- Participate in supply chain assessment and other relevant studies to monitor implementation ofthe unification exercise.
- Collaborate with other JSI project staff in the states to support supply chain activities and relationship with the State officials and relevant stakeholders.
- Attend relevant supply chain meeting within the states and make presentations as required presentations as required.
- Contribute to routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to program funders.
- Any other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position should send their resume and cover letter by email to [email protected] .
Application Deadline: 2013-07-09
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.