Nigerian Air Force Recruitment form for 2017 Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is out and the procedure for application has been released on the Nigerian Air Force Portal.
The guidelines for application have been clearly stated out for interested and qualified Nigerians who want to take part in the application process. The necessary requirements and guidelines for the Nigeria Air Force Recruitment 2017 are all included in this post. Online Registration starts on 18 May, 2017 and closes 15 June, 2017.
Requirements For Nigerian Air Force (DSSC) Recruitment 2017
- Nationality: Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
- Age: Applicant must be between the ages 22 and 35 years by 31 December 2016.
- Marital Status: Applicant must be single.
- Height Requirement: Minimum height is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft for males and 1.65m or 5.4ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicant must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
Academic/Professional Qualification For The Nigerian Air Force Recruitment – 2017
The following are the academic/professional qualification criteria for the 2017 Nigerian Air Force DSSC recruitment;
- Minimum of Second Class Lower division for first degree holders and Lower Credit for HND holders. Applicants must also possess credit in English Language and Mathematics and 3 additional credits in subjects related to degree course of study. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
- Certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant. The attesting officer must not be below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them a letter of attestation of good character from any of the officers above to the Zonal Enlistment Centers and final selection interview.
Degree Requirements For The Recruitment
All persons who want to apply for the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment (DSSC) should take note of the 2017 degree requirements before applying;
Applicants are advised to carefully read the specific disciplines required below before filling the form:
- Information Technology: BSc./MS.c/HND Computer Software Developer/Programmer Engineering, Data Administrator, Network Engineering
- Building Tech: BSc./HND Building Engineering
- Works: BS.c/HND Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveyor/Architecture: BSc/HND Quantity Surveyor/ Architecture
- Medicals: MBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license in any of the specialities listed.
- Consultant – Physician
- Consultant – Surgeon
- Consultant – Pediatrics
- Consultant – O & G
- Consultant – Orthopedic
- Optometrist: Bachelor’s degree in Optometry or B.Optom. Must be fully registered optometrists, dispensing opticians by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- Radiographer: BSc/HND Radiography
- Nurses –B.Sc/ RN and Rm (Double Qualification)
Must hold a post basic qualification in any of the specialities listed. Must be registered and have a current practicing license.
- Anesthetist Nurse
- Paediatrist Nurse
- Ear Nose and Throat Nurse
- Opthalmologist Nurse
- Intensive Care Nurse
- Pharmacist: Must possess a B.Pharm degree and be fully registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- Medical Lab Scientist: Must possess either a BMLS or AIMLS and its equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
- Hospital Administration: HND Hospital Administration.
- Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria.
- Clinical Psychologist: Must possess a MSc Clinical Psychology and BSc General and Applied Psychology.
- Preventive/Environmental Health Officer: Must possess either a BSc or HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Medical Records Officer: Must possess a BSc or HND Health Records and Biostatistics and must be fully registered with the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Biomedical Engineer: Must possess a BSc or HND in Biomedical Engineering.
- Physiotherapist: Must possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
- Dentist: BDS or its equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license.
- Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria
- Law/Psychologists/Sociologists: BSc LLB/LLM/B.Sc Psychology/B.Sc Sociology/BSc Criminology
- Administration: MBA, BSC/HND in HRM/Statistics.
- Education: BSc Ed Mathematics/ BSc Ed English/ BSc Ed Computer/ BSc Chemistry/ B.Tech Elect/Elect
- Supply: BSc./HND Purchasing and supply.
- Hospitality Manager (Caterers): BSc/ HND Hotel Management
- Radar Engineering: BSc./HND Electronics Engineering/Satellite Image Interpreter/Satellite Communication Engineering/Computer Engineering
Where Are The Nigerian Air Force DSSC Qualifying Test Centers?
Qualifying tests will be conducted to screen applicants. This Nigerian Air Force recruitment qualifying Enlistment Tests will hold in the following Centers:
- Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Markudi
- Ilorin: 227 Wing, Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin
- Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos
- Enugu: 305 Flying Training School, Enugu
- Port-Harcourt: 97 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port-Harcourt
- Benin: 81 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin
- Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna
- Kano: 303 Flying Training School, Kano
- Maiduguri: 204 Wing, Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri
- Ipetu-Ijesha: Nigerian Air Force Institute of Safety, Ipetu-Ijesha
- Sokoto: 55 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto
- Yola: 75 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola
- Jos: 330 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
NOTE: Applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of the documents at the enlistment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal enlistment test:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and counter signed by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 8.
- Photocopies of Educational Certificates.
- Indigenship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin.
Zonal Enlistment Exercise will hold from 1-8 July 2017.
How To Apply For Nigerian Air Force (DSSC) Recruitment for 2017
- Interested applicants are to apply free of charge online at www.airforce.mil.ng.
- Applicants are to print out the under listed documents after completion of application online;
- Local Government Indigenship Form
- Attestation form.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Serving Military personnel are to note that documents listed in a – c above are not applicable to them, however the special attestation form is to be filled by their current Unit Commander.
NAF Application Closing Date
The Nigerian Air Force online application form must be submitted not later than 15th June, 2017.
We wish you the best of luck with your application!!!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.