Nigerian Army Recruitment requirements is contained in this post. It also contains details of the Army career Website (www.narecruitment.org) and other information required in applying for the Nigerian Army requirements for recruitment.
The official website for the recruitment process of Nigerian Army is http://www.narecruitment.org
Click here to apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2014: SSC, DSSC Application
Requirements for Nigerian Army Positions
The following are the major requirements of the Nigerian Army Tradesmen & Women Recruitment exercise.
- Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- All Applicants must attend zonal screening exercise at the designated zonal centres for their respective states.
- Non-Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 – 22 years by 22 June 2013.
- Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 – 26 years by 29 July 2013.
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.65 meters tall for men and 1.56 meters for women.
- Applicants must be free of any Criminal conviction.
- Applicants must submit all duly completed form (printed from this online portal) at the screening centres during the screening exercise period.
For Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission, DSSC, the following are the entry requirements:
- An applicant must fulfill the following:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years for both serving personnel and civilians. Individuals applying to any of the Chaplain Services or Directorate Islamic Affairs are to be between the ages of 22 and 40 years.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit.
- Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
RECOMMENDED READING: The Real Reasons You don’t Have A Job – Part 1
We informed you when the 2013 recruitment took place in this post. We shall continue to bring such recruitment to your notice. Whenever we do this, we want to make sure you don’t miss it. Subscribe to our updates so you don’t miss them.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.