The Northwest University, Kano Post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening forms for the 2019/2020 academic session are out. The Northwest University Post-UTME Cut-off mark for 2019/2020 admission has also been released.
UPDATE: Screening now holds Saturday 24th August, 2019 and Monday 26th August, 2019 respectively.
Please recall that the Northwest University, Kano has been renamed after Yusuf Maitama Sule and it is now called the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano State.
Candidates who have chosen the Northwest University, Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano) as First Choice in the 2019/2020 application for admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are invited to register ONLINE for and attend a SCREENING Exercise scheduled as follows:
Northwest University Post-UTME Date, Time & Venue (Schedule) for /2019/2020
Monday 19th and Wednesday 21st August, 2019. Saturday 24th August, 2019 and Monday 26th August, 2019.
Time: 9:00am daily
Venue: Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
a) For UTME Candidates: Main Campus along Kabuga – Kofar Ruwa Road, Kano
b) For D.E. Candidates: City Campus, Gidan Ado Bayero Kofar Nassarawa, Kano.
UTME Candidates will be required to write an APTITUTE TEST in English Language, Mathematics and General Studies on Monday 19th August, 2019, while D.E. Candidates will undergo a Screening Exercise on Wednesday 21st August, 2019.
Candidates should come along with original and photocopies of their credentials and online registration Acknowledgement Slip for the Aptitude Test or Screening Exercise on the dates stated above.
ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with the 2019 Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
Eligibility Criteria for Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano Post-UTME & DE Screening Exercise
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening.
- Candidates must have chosen the Northwest University, Kano as first choice.
- Must have scored a minimum of 160 and above in the 2019 JAMB UTME or applied for Direct Entry.
- Must have registered in the Northwest University, Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University) 2019/2020 Admission Screening PORTAL.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
- Must have possessed 2019 UTME result Slip or 2018 D.E online registration SLIP.
- Must have obtained DIPLOMA, IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result for DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Candidates.
- D.E. Candidates with Diplomas must have minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science based programmes and 3.5 for Arts based programmes respectively.
- D.E. Candidates with N.C.E. must have minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes in the Faculty of Education.
- D.E. Candidates with IJMB must have minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes respectively.
How To Apply For Northwest University Post-UTME & Direct Entry Admission Screening for 2019/2020 Academic Session
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 17th July, 2019.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
Application Closing Date
Northwest University Post-UTME application closing date is Wednesday, 7th August, 2019 at midnight.
ALSO SEE: List of Schools Whose Post-UTME Forms Are Out– 2019/2020