Many candidates who scored relatively high marks but could not secure admission have been complaining that they saw some candidates who scored lower marks but secured admission in the same department. Such candidates should not feel bad. It is as a result of the Federal Government admissions policy which I personally do not also agree with. UNIZIK Director Information and Public Relations/Chief Protocol Officer, Dr. Emmanuel C. Ojukwu, Mnipr, Fcai has issued a release to affected candidates. Read the full release below.
Release by Dr. Emmanuel C. Ojukwu (UNIZIK Director Information and Public Relations/Chief Protocol Officer)
I want to state that is possible based on the following reasons:
1. Federal Government guidelines on admission is based on Merit, Catchment area (states bordering the university, and ELDS (educationally less developed states). After the merit admission and catchment area, ELDS such as Ebonyi, Bayelsa etc could be admitted based on lower marks. For instance an Anambra candidate could have a cut off of 230 for a particular course while Bayelsa or Ebonyi candidate could be admitted for the same course and department with 201. Another one is an Anambra Candidate who scores 270 in medicine but was not admitted but Ebonyi candidate who scored 250 was admitted for the same medicine. So when you see this please do not worry too much because that is Federal Government policy to assist educationally less developed states. It is not UNIZIK policy.
2. Second admission will be strictly for Prescience and Direct Entry.
3. Admission policy in UNIZIK has tightened the procedure to prevent fraudsters from having a field day. Do not give money to anyone for admission as this will amount to complete waste. Any staff of the university who indulges in admission racketeering will be dismissed after such a person must have been investigated and found guilty.
4. It is in the interest of candidates and their parents or guardians to think twice before seeking the help of persons of shady character for admission purposes. Admission in UNIZIK can NEVER be procured with money. It is purely on merit in accordance with Federal Government Guidelines.
5. Please be properly guided