The Vice Chancellor of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has directed the commencement of on-demand virtual examination for students. Consequently, students are requested to note the following:
- The URL for access to virtual examination on-demand application process is : https://dea.nou.edu.ng.
- Postgraduate students could take their examinations provided they apply for it by midnight 13th of June, 2020, from 15th to 20th of June, 2020.
- Dates for undergraduate students’ virtual examinations is as follows:
|FACULTY||CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION||VIRTUAL EXAMINATION DATES|
|Arts, Education, Agriculture and Health Sciences||19th of June, 2020.||22nd – 28th of June, 2020|
|Social Sciences||1st of July, 2020.||1st – 11th of July, 2020|
|Management Sciences||11th of July, 2020||13th – 17th of July 2020|
|Sciences and Law||18th of July, 2020||20th – 25th of July, 2020|
All candidates should please note that once a course is selected for virtual examination, it cannot be made available to the student for physical examination at the Study Centre (after lockdown order is lifted).
NOUN Examination on-demand Policy
- A student must apply for examinations by completing the electronic application form for on-demand Virtual Examinations.
- The student should have dully registered to take the examinations.
- The student must sign the undertaking on the virtual examination on-demand application form that he/she is computer literate enough to do virtual examinations.
- The student must have interacted with his/her Course Material for a minimum of 8 weeks from the date of course registration.
- The student must have completed Tutor-Marked Assignments [TMAs] 1-3 for all courses that he or she is demanding to be examined on.
- There must be a “Proctor” to supervise the exams wherever the student is taking the examinations.
- The Directorate of Examinations and Assessment will determine the date and mode of the examinations.
- The Head of Department (HOD) must have provided Test Items for the courses to be examined.
- All other rules and regulations approved by the University Senate for the conduct of examinations must be adhered to.