The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the establishment of Edo University, Iyamho, as the 41st State University and 142nd University in Nigeria. Executive Secretary of NUC, Professor Julius Okojie, in a letter to Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, dated 23rd March, 2016, conveyed the message.
The letter stated, “Consequent upon the formal presentation of the relevant gazetted law, Academic Brief and Physical Master Plan and satisfactory report from the Advisory resource assessment visit, I write on behalf of the National Universities Commission (NUC), to inform His Excellency, that with effect from Wednesday, 23rd March, 2016, Edo University, Iyamho, has been recognised as the 41st State University and 142nd University, in the Nigerian University System.”
“We hereby pledge our support to the University and urge His Excellency and Edo State Government, to take full advantage of the professional and technical advice that we are statutorily required to give to State Governments, on the establishment and operation of their universities.”
“By a copy of this letter, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Tertiary Education Trust Fund and the National Youth Service Corps, have been informed of the establishment of the new University.”
“I wish to congratulate His Excellency and the good people of Edo State, on the establishment of Edo University, Iyamho,” the letter concluded.
You should also read...
- Babcock University Post-UTME Screening Centers & Dates 2019/2020
- Nigerian Army 77 RRI Pre-Screening Examination Centers
- Federal Poly Nekede ND & HND Registration Guidelines – 2019/2020
- FG Has Received 800,000 Applications For The 500,000 N-Power Jobs
- University of Ilorin Wins 2014 Hackthon Contest
- PLASU Students Demands VC Resinstatement, Boycotts Exam
- UNIOSUN Supplementary Post UTME Form for MBBS for 2018/2019
- IMSU 28th Matriculation Ceremony For 2019/2020 Freshers