NYSC Redeployment from one State to another – How To

If you want to do NYSC redeployment or relocation from one state to another, this article is for you. Many corps members want to redeploy to another state than the one they have been deployed to. What many don’t understand is the procedure.

This encompasses who to approach and on what grounds will a redeployment request be considered by NYSC board. The National Youth Service Corps has the following will only consider request that meet the requirements below:

NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2014 Batch B, NYSC Batch B 2014, NYSC Redeployment, NYSC Call-up Letters Batch B 2014, NYSC Redeployment

How to Redeploy from one state to another (NYSC)

Redeployment or relocation request by any corps member must be approved by the Director-General of NYSC. Even the State Coordinator does not have the power to approve relocation from one state to another. The NYSC state coordinator can recommend deserving corps members relocation.

MUST READ: NYSC Camp Requirements : Things You Must Take To Orientation Camp

Relocation conditions to be met by Corper:

Redeployment are considered on MARITAL OR HEALTH GROUND. SECURITY has been added to that list. Marital ground is usually only considered for female corps members who want to move o the state of residence of their husband.

A corps member who wants to be relocated to another state, should after the Swearing-in Ceremony apply In his/her writing stating why he/she wants to be relocated. The application should be addressed to the Director-General through the State Coordinator. If you are applying on marital ground, you are to attach the following:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Change of name in any of the National Newspaper
  • A letter from your husband’s office as an evidence that your husband is domiciled in the state you want to relocate to.

For those applying on medical ground, a medical paper from our institution’s medical paper from our institution’s medical Centre or recognized General Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Military/Police Hospital reports and claimed to medical case history are subject to further confirmation to establish heir authenticity.

This guide should enlighten you more on how to NYSC corps members can redeploy from one state to another.

ALSO READ: NYSC to Place Corpers on Civil Service Salary Scale – DG

We wish you the very best!!!

Ahmed Ogundimu

Ahmed Ogundimu is a Web Designer and Developer, Digital Marketing Expert and SEO Manager. I enjoy finding solutions to problems and sharing same, hence the reason for creating www.ngscholars.com and some other websites I own. I work as a web developer at Sigmanox NG and also as the web administrator/editor at NGScholars. Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram


  1. please how can I get my wife relocated back to Ogun State after submitting all the requirement via internet?

  2. i am already serving in my place of primary assignment. please can i relocate to another state and continue my PPA there?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.