Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port-Hacourt (OTI-UNIPORT) admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session has been released by the school management. All members of the public and most importantle, interested persons are hereby informed.
The school management hereby invites, from members of the general public, suitably qualified candidate to apply form admission into any of the postgraduate courses offered by the institution. See full details below.
OTI-UNIPORT Admission Form 2018/2019
The Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt (OTI-UNIPORT) is a Postgraduate energy Institute offering educational support and direction to the Oil and Gas Industry through the development and delivery of leadership management and technical education specifically relevant to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. It with partners TechnipFMC and reputable oil and gas companies to carry out Teaching, Research and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) directed at the sustainability of the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Its aim is to provide skilled and competent manpower resource relevant to the needs of the energy industry in Nigeria and abroad.
OTI-UNIPORT Postgraduate Programmes
The M.Sc. Programmes include Pipeline Engineering, Offshore Engineering and Subsea Engineering in collaboration with TechnipFMC Technologies. The environment in the Institute is conducive for learning. Students have access to audio visual aids, e-learning and internet facilities. Students undergo: 3-months internship in relevant companies, underwater training such as BOSIET/HUET and field trips. Students are encouraged to live and work together thereby enhancing the development of team spirit. The Teaching Faculty consists of Lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), other Universities within and outside Nigeria, Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad, as well as experts from the Industry.
At the end of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Work methodologically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements.
- evaluate, explore and manage offshore oil & gas fields
- design, construct and install multiphase flow pipelines, risers, umbilicals and jumpers
- operate and supervise onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- use ORCAFLEX/PIPEPHASE/ANSYS software
Duration: The Programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study or 48 months of flexible Part-Time study.
Award of Degree: Upon completion of the programme successful students shall receive a Masters’ Degree (MSC) awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Professional Certification: Students will be presented for Offshore Petroleum Training Organization (OPITO) Certification.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division), in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC before July, 2018. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
Method of Application:
A non- refundable Application Processing Fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (=N= 20, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt. Online payment option is also available on the website. Application Form can be obtained on-line from www.otiuniport.org. The Form should be completed and submitted online. But hard copy of the completed Form along with the Bank Draft should also be submitted in person or via courier to: The Director, Offshore Technology Institute (OTI), ETF Gas Engineering Building, University Park (UNIPARK), P.O.Box 50, Uniport Post Office, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.
Important dates to remember: (Any change will be displayed on our website)
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to: The Director, Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, 29th June, 2018.
- Aptitude Test holds on Friday, 27th July, 2018. Oral Interview for short-listed candidates shall be the same day.
- Academic activities shall commence in November, 2018
- For enquiries contact: [email protected] +234 (0)703 442 2101
Scholarship: Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF, State/ Federal Scholarship Boards and other sponsoring agencies.
Method of Payment
- Payment via Bank Draft written in favor of Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt
- Online Payment via Verve/Mastercard available
DETAILED Method of Application
- Application form is to be filled online.
- Completed copy should be printed from the applicants email address.
- The Hardcopy application form should also be printed and filled.
- A non-refundable Application Fee of N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt or Payment made online via Debit card
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AFTER THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- A) A handwritten letter stating your reasons for applying.
- B) Curriculum vitae of ONE PAGE ONLY.
- C) Copies of the Credentials i.e. WAEC, GCE, NYSC Discharge Certificate & University degrees, etc and, if applicable, an attestation of attendance at an educational establishment.
- D) Detailed records of results (TRANSCRIPT)
- E) Two recent identity photographs with your last name and first name on the back.
- F) Bank draft
- G) NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF TWO REFEREES:
– An academic (Lecturer, Head of Department, Professor)
– A corporate officer (clergy, employer, training period supervisor, etc.).
Note: The completed Application Forms should be submitted with the bank draft at the Emerald Energy Institute office or be sent by courier service.
- ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW OPEN. ALL APPLICANTS MUST FILL OUR ONLINE APPLICATION BEFORE PROCEEDING TO MAKE PAYMENT. PORTAL WILL BE SHUT DOWN ON MONDAY 25TH JUNE, 2018
- ENSURE YOU SCAN AND RENAME YOUR PASSPORT TO FIRSTNAME.SURNAME BEFORE UPLOAD (E.g David.Jaja).
FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES, EMAIL: [email protected], or call +2347067281841
ADDRESS YOUR ENVELOPE TO:
OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (OTI), UNIPORT,
1ST FLOOR, ETF GAS ENGINEERING BUILDING,
BEHIND FACULTY OF SCIENCE, UNIPARK CAMPUS,
Best wishes from NGScholars!!!