St Antony’s College in the University of Oxford, United Kingdom has invited applications for the Ladipo Adamolekun Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The Ladipo Adamolekun Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to those who have been awarded their PhD at a Nigerian university to prepare publications based on their dissertation which should be focused on the study of Public Administration in Nigeria.
The university opened the fellowship recently to promote Research Excellence in Public Administration in Nigeria.
This information was disclosed to Premium Times in an announcement shared on Wednesday, January 25th 2023.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Those who have been awarded their PhD at a Nigerian university are to prepare publications based on their dissertation which should be focused on the study of public administration in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have been awarded their doctorates after 1st August 2020 or expect to have been awarded their doctorate by 1st March 2023. (The successful candidate must have completed their doctorates by the time they take up their Fellowship.)
- It is open to those pursuing both academic and non-academic careers.
Benefits of the Fellowship
- The award will enable the Fellow to present and discuss their research, interact with the College’s Area Studies Centres, exchange ideas, and take part in and contribute to the rich diversity of the academic and social community of St Antony’s.
- The Postdoctoral Fellowship covers international travel, accommodation and living costs and provides full access to the University and the College’s libraries and other research facilities.
- The Fellow will be assigned a mentor to make sure that they can make the most of their time in Oxford.
How to Apply for the Fellowship
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will be selected in Spring 2023 to take up their position in Spring 2024.
- Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages), an outline of the doctoral dissertation (not to exceed two pages), and the names and contact details of two referees, at least one of whom should be an academic referee.
NOTE: The Postdoctoral Fellow will be selected in Spring 2023 to take up their position in Spring 2024.
Shortlisted applicants will subsequently be invited to submit samples of their work.
Applications should be sent (by email only) to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is 23:59 (UK time), Monday 20 February 2023.
Best of luck to all applicants from NGScholars.